Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Things which are not currently criminal offences but which absolutely should be

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Saying "brought" when you mean "bought".
Please make it clear, did you bring it or buy it?
Or perhaps "brought" is the correct term for something you purchase at a bring and buy sale.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
"Celebrities" who change their faces with surgery lip enhancers fake boobs and hair extensions and end up looking as if they are auditioning for a part in the newest horror movie.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
People who regard any brand new wall or kerb as a skateboard park and immediately trash it. Kids - cuff round the ear. Grown men - 20 years in prison.

Taking pictures of your food to post on Facebook.

Calling macaroni cheese, Mac N Cheese.

Radio & TV discussions about Arsenal's crisis and Arsene Wenger's future (due to resume in the next week or so)

Describing someone who scored twice as getting, or worse 'bagging', a 'brace'.

Moaning about games being moved for TV but loving it when you can't make it to a match but can still watch the Albion live.

Routinely calling the Albion, 'the Seagulls' as a first choice e.g. "I'm a Seagulls fan". Doesn't ring true. Probably just me.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Being a tourist during commuting hours (mainly applies to big cities).

The law should be that all tourists should be locked inside holding bays during the hours of 730-9.00am and 5.00-6.30pm.

Don't get me started on this. My morning commute shortens by 20 minutes in the school holidays but the afternoon one can increase by 30 minutes thanks to people having a day out in Brighton and deciding to leave at 5.

See also: pensioners doing their weekly "big" shop at the supermarket on a Saturday afternoon .

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Routinely calling the Albion, 'the Seagulls' as a first choice e.g. "I'm a Seagulls fan". Doesn't ring true. Probably just me.

Not just you. To do so is the classic sign of a JCL. Within our own kind they are always "the Albion". To strangers you are a Brighton fan. Simple.

I did have one mate who always referred to us as "the Stripes" but it started off as an ironic joke until it got overused and then became a default.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Using Victoria Station without due care and attention.

Possession of a man bun.

Fruit cider.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Australians under the age of 35 going abroad.
Prints of the west pier, especially photoshopped ones.
It should be law that pubs have one till for people who want to order alcoholic drinks and another for food/soft drinks/teas and coffee. In my experience people ordering sundries in a boozer are utterly clueless and take 10 mins faffing about what to have on their burger etc.
Similar thing for supermarkets, they should have designated lottery and scratch card counters. Frustrating queuing up at the kiosk when some ghastly council estater is buying a full basket of food, lottery tickets and scratch cards.
People letting their kids do the self service tills when there is a large queue.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Anyone who drinks Fosters, Strongbow, Carlsberg, John Smiths or Heineken in a pub or elsewhere. There is such a fantastic array of beers, lagers and ciders out there. Why?

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
Correct. When did that become a thing?

Used to only be BMWs

About 3 years ago. BMW's are now off the black list to the point where I'll appreciate that those that still drive them are probably motoring purists. All the irresponsible, self entitled drivers migrated to Audi in a bid to look more classy and sophisticated. It truly is amazing how bad so many drivers of one brand of car can be. The tag line should be affectionately changed from "Vorsprung durch Technik" to "Where's a policeman when you need one.."....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here