Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Newly Joined

0 Not allowed!
    iv seen this advertised and i think its a great idea and concept to get the older gents more active! i could see our local boozer knocking a team up

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members
      Brynna South Wales (And I'm not Welsh either!)

0 Not allowed!
      Unfortunately in South Wales

Quote Originally Posted by twowheelsbest View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Where? I'm looking for a club Brighton/ Hove area (no, I cant play left back!}
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Sounds fun

Is there a league for this?

1 Not allowed!
      I'm looking to start playing this in the next couple of months. I had a knee replacement nearly two years ago so proper football is now out of the question as I have to be careful about impact injuries.

My only issue with walking football is that in Sussex, it is still primarily focussed on retired folk. Most of the sessions organised are on weekday afternoons (I think Lancing is the exception near me)

I am 48 and still have a fair few years of work ahead of me. There must be loads of 'younger' people who are no longer able to play proper football due to injuries and/or fitness but who would play walking football if the sessions were available to them.

I'm planning to speak to the Sussex FA development person to see if they can look at sessions for younger/working people. If there are others on here who are similarly interested in walking football for under 50's, then post on this thread and I can share this to show the demand.
      She’s the main man in the office in the city
      And she treats me like I’m just another lackey
      But I can put a tennis racket up against my face
      And pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki

0 Not allowed!
      I would love to start playing this, but I wondered how competitive it gets, do players go through the ball, either deliberately or accidentally?
      A new revolution, Blooming marvellous scenes -
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Mouldy Boots View Post
      I would love to start playing this, but I wondered how competitive it gets, do players go through the ball, either deliberately or accidentally?
      I suppose it may depend on the age group ?

At my age I just want to be able to kick and pass the ball and be as creative as you can, given you cannot run.

The desire to win or play well is just as strong but to enjoy it and congratulate an opponent on winning is equally gratifying. It is not a contact sport for obvious reasons...(health and age related). Anyone who accidentally or otherwise injures another player shouldn't really be playing.
      "After an investigation, Crystal Palace have been docked points for cheating." -Playforyourclub.com

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Mouldy Boots View Post
      If they did at my sessions, they wouldn't be allowed back!
      Was that the intro? I should have been in!

1 Not allowed!
      Isn't it for old codgers of 50+?

If it is, I'll see you in October
      Minister of Information

3 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by cjd View Post

At my age I just want to be able to kick and pass the ball and be as creative as you can, given you cannot run.

The desire to win or play well is just as strong but to enjoy it and congratulate an opponent on winning is equally gratifying. It is not a contact sport for obvious reasons...(health and age related). Anyone who accidentally or otherwise injures another player shouldn't really be playing.
      I've just been invited, this very night, to join a French team from Brittany who are playing a tournament here in October. Will be seeing one of them next week anyway and have declared my interest. Being not yet fifty I guess I'm one of the 'development squad'.
      I've lost my way. If anyone should find it, do return it quickly. I should imagine it quite rusty by now.

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by cjd View Post

I have been asked to play a few times of normal dads football but the ages range from 30 to 53, me being the latter and knowing some of the dads in their late 30's playing as if they were Vinne jones, it always sounded to higher risk, so i have avoided it although always very tempted!

Sounds reassuring a great safe sport for the mature generation.
      A new revolution, Blooming marvellous scenes -