Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Neymar: Barcelona forward given permission to discuss £198m Paris-St Germain move

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Neymar will earn 45m euros (£40.7m) a year - 865,000 euros (£782,000) a week - before tax from the initial five-year deal, a total outlay of £400m.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Bloody NSC getting way too big for it's boots now. We have had enough of so called experts and when even Radio 4 seems to think that the mods on here are anything more than clueless time wasters it is time for a change.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

It's because they're clueless time wasters that the mods were recruited in the first place.

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
Bad news for us this as low prem spenders, will likely trigger even greater rapid inflation in transfer fees now.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
So a player is now worth far more than both a stadium and training ground.

Football is ****ed!

Honestly wouldn't it be better for the rest of the pyramid if these "Superclubs" went off on their own and left us the **** alone? We could sack off the Premier league and get some quality administration in who were represenatavie of the game as a whole rather than just the clubs who get the most money. All the **** **** knobheads can keep on supporting their global super star laden teams on Sky sports and look down their noses at the rest of us as we go to our grounds to watch our local clubs.

I was listening to five live cover the women's euro's the other night and i heard someone say "My Beloved Sunderland" ......... it was refreshing because she had a Sunderland accent and I actually beleived her. How do we get back to this? "He's one of our own" shouldn't be a chant it should be the norm.

A local club for local people, full of precious things.

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
Amex- £93 million
New training ground £32 million
Total squad market value (according to transfer market) £52 million

Total cost £177 Million (obviously not factoring in many numerous other bits of expenditure such as salaries, staffing amenities etc)

Neymar Junior- £198 Million.

If this is not a sign of the times I don't know what is. It's a staggering value. It makes Beckham signing by Real Madrid for £25 million look like pittance considering 'plucky' teams like Bournemouth are looking to buy regular players with close to that amount.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Disgusting is the only word to sum it up.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
Cue Tories defending the fee as 'the market speaking', as if it is some infallible force.

PTC Gull

Micky Mouse country.
NSC Patron
Apr 17, 2017
Florida
My source (M. Veloute) said he driving around the Boulevard Périphérique to PSG and he got a call from Narweeech. On his way now.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As Barry Glendenning has pointed out:-

'Have you ever tried to buy a pint on the Champs Elysees?'

See, £200,000,000 doesn't seem like a lot of money now, does it?

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Neymar says his move was not motivated by money! Him and trump would get on!

Clearly he's a massive French football fan :moo:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
As Barry Glendenning has pointed out:-

'Have you ever tried to buy a pint on the Champs Elysees?'

See, £200,000,000 doesn't seem like a lot of money now, does it?

I saw somebody compare it yesterday to the cost of a 'week at Centreparcs in August, with three kids who want to do everything'.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
DGPUS4eXsAA7dLo.jpg-large.jpeg
Already auditioning for PSG's version of Phantom of the Opera :cool:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here