Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

25 man squad

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I'm not sure we can sign a free agent now can we? Or we can, but he can't be registered to play until the next registration (transfer) window in January? That being the case, Skalak gets a place until January when I'm convinced Tony will go big on a striker early doors.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

There seems to be some debate, but I am certain if a place is left open in the 25 it can be filled with a free agent later.

We'll find out if we are looking at this if we only name 24 by 5pm today.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Leave Skalak out, and go for Cheick Diabate who's available on a free. 1 in 2 record in Ligue 1 so has a decent pedigree, and 6'4 so can play up top on his own.

We need a striker more than we need an average winger. Nothing against Skalak, his attitude is spot on, but he's surplus to requirements and I think it would suit both parties.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Although the squad on the surface seems to be obvious, I'm surprised there has been no official announcement given it would have already been submitted.

Is it too much to hope that a place has been set aside for a free agent ?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Although the squad on the surface seems to be obvious, I'm surprised there has been no official announcement given it would have already been submitted.

Is it too much to hope that a place has been set aside for a free agent ?

[tweet]903607510829080576[/tweet]

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
1. Ryan
2. Maenpaa
3. Krul
4. Bruno
5. Schelotto
6. Rosenior
7. Suttner
8. Bong
9. Dunk
10. Duffy
11. Hunemeier
12. Goldson
13. Pröpper
14. Stephens
15. Kayal
16. Sidwell
17. Knockaert
18. March
19. Murphy
20. Skalak
21. Izquierdo
22. Groß
U21 Brown
23. Murray
24. Baldock
25. Hemed

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Couple of under 21/scholar names I've not seen mentioned...

Mamadou Saliou Koné, 17yo Portuguese defender of Guinean descent who we appear to have signed this season from Benfica.

And Jordan Nando Marques Araujo....Who I can't find any information about whatsoever.

Does [MENTION=1276]AZ Gull[/MENTION] have any info as our resident guru on all things Albion Youth?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Can see Mateju, but not Ahannach
Ahannach is over 21, just, and as he's not in the 25 man squad won't be listed.

Of course, he can still play in cup games and for the U23s.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Can see Mateju, but not Ahannach

We don't need him (although I rate the lad) as we have 5 out & out Wingers plus Rosenior, Brown, Suttner and Schelotto.

I remember in days gone by that we had a winger crisis, it's great that we're so well stocked and seem to have some good ones waiting in the U23s too.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
There seems to be some debate, but I am certain if a place is left open in the 25 it can be filled with a free agent later.

We'll find out if we are looking at this if we only name 24 by 5pm today.
Just been reading up on this and if you have 25 contracted players then you must name them. So I guess the only way we could have reserved a place for a free agent is if we had loaned Skalak out in the window

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
So if Skalak were to go now as some countries still have another week to do their business (assuming PL clubs can still sell?)... Are we then able to use that spot for a free agent?...

Skalak just seems like a total waste of a place.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
I could be wrong here but I think Ales Mateju qualifies as being under 21 as he was born 3 June 1996 and the rule I found says he has to be under 21 in January 2017.

To qualify, player's have to be 21 or under on 1 January. For the 2017/18 season that means a player had to be born after January 1, 1996.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Never mind any of that - maybe I'm the last to know but: Propper, David Petrus Wenceslaus Henri.
WHAT a name. Must be the first Wenceslaus we've had on our books?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
So if Skalak were to go now as some countries still have another week to do their business (assuming PL clubs can still sell?)... Are we then able to use that spot for a free agent?...

Skalak just seems like a total waste of a place.
No. He's named and cannot be un-named.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here