Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ben White

Members

Ben White

0 Not allowed!
    Gone to Newport on a season long loan - Good move for our excellent young prospect.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Quote Originally Posted by brighton bluenose View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      NSC at its very best ~ a post based on assumption on a matter the poster hasn't got a clue about!!
      If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed, if you do read the newspaper you are misinformed. -Mark Twain
      Fan of the 17 bus Cowfold Seagull's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Yep, regular first team football is always a good thing.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      good for him.
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      I am not too sure about these type of loans and if I was Tony Bloom I would be looking at these closely, first problem from the outside is where precisely is Ben White in the clubs pecking order, do they really feel that he has a future at the club, do they think he has no future but would like to engineer a permanent move away or just hedging their bets.

Frankly without that inside knowledge we cant be sure if loan moves for U23's to low league levels is a positive move for any young player, especially when currently BHA are paying £3m per year on its Academy.

To try and analyse whether these are good deals it only really becomes relevent if the club believe in example a) That they beleive he has a future at the club.

Then there is more to discuss at why a £3m annual budget Academy cannot deliver a better development environment for a young player ahead of a low level club which have inferior aspects at every single level of their club.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by BigGully View Post
      I am not too sure about these type of loans and if I was Tony Bloom I would be looking at these closely, first problem from the outside is where precisely is Ben White in the clubs pecking order, do they really feel that he has a future at the club, do they think he has no future but would like to engineer a permanent move away or just hedging their bets.

Frankly without that inside knowledge we cant be sure if loan moves for U23's to low league levels is a positive move for any young player, especially when currently BHA are paying £3m per year on its Academy.

To try and analyse whether these are good deals it only really becomes relevent if the club believe in example a) That they beleive he has a future at the club.

Then there is more to discuss at why a £3m annual budget Academy cannot deliver a better development environment for a young player ahead of a low level club which have inferior aspects at every single level of their club.
      Implying that we want to keep hold of all our academy players. We can make a return by developing them then selling them...
      Quote Originally Posted by BensGrandad View Post
      As I said I dont know just assumed

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by BigGully View Post

Didn't do these players any harm playing in the lower leagues when young. David Beckham,Harry Kane,Lingard etc
      KobanÓ liberated 26th Jan 2015 = Modern day Stalingrad
      RIP Ceylan Ozalp, 19
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Zqu...dex=11&list=WL
      The voice of reason. hans kraay fan club's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by GreersElbow View Post
      Implying that we want to keep hold of all our academy players. We can make a return by developing them then selling them...
      Quite. I'm disappointed White's loan isn't a league or even two, higher, as he looked really classy when we saw him play, but the important thing is he gets a LOT of competitive matches. Whether such a loan is a development opportunity or a shop window, is down to the player.
      The above post is simply my opinion. I am not bullying you, should it differ from your own.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by hans kraay fan club View Post
      Quite. I'm disappointed White's loan isn't a league or even two, higher, as he looked really classy when we saw him play, but the important thing is he gets a LOT of competitive matches. Whether such a loan is a development opportunity or a shop window, is down to the player.
      I'd disagree with you on this one Hans. I think physicality is what is missing from his game and this might help him.

Does look comfortable on the ball though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by spence View Post
      Didn't do these players any harm playing in the lower leagues when young. David Beckham,Harry Kane,Lingard etc
      I had an indepth discussion this week with a respected development coach and I mentioned this to him too.

The Beckhams, Kanes etc muddy the waters, bizarrely if you ask a successful footballer, they nearly cite everything that has happened to him as 'helping' him achieve where he go to, whether that practice is perceive as good or bad, its wholly illogical.

There are more x,y and z's sitting in pubs or playing non league football citing the absurdity of taking them out of a first class environment and into a third class environment than any Beckhams and Kane's playing for England, it just nonsensical.