Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ben White

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Seen him play a few times, very composed.

Good player. His physique always worries me for a CB, but looks like he's holding his own.

If Newport base their Player of the Year on MoM awards, Ben may have it sewn up by Christmas!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
He's not huge that's true but presume slim chance still to grow out a bit and also could hit the gym if a big issue. Expect pro-footballers know it's sometimes worth it to succeed if the kind of factor that could help them.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Good player. His physique always worries me for a CB, but looks like he's holding his own.

If Newport base their Player of the Year on MoM awards, Ben may have it sewn up by Christmas!

How tall is he? Fabio Canavaro and Franco Baresi were both short, but they were 2 of the greatest defenders of all time.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Lovely another home grown Albion Centre back, I really hope he does well as do all of our younger loan players, shut up the moaners about our development squad not delivering and questioning why players go out on loan.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
How tall is he? Fabio Canavaro and Franco Baresi were both short, but they were 2 of the greatest defenders of all time.

Looks tall, ?6'3", more the muscular side, as gangly rather than broad, but obviously he will get stronger with age.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Yeah, he's way taller than 5ft 11. Unless I'm thinking of the wrong guy. He started in our 4-0 win over Colchester in the EFL cup at the beginning of last season, right?

Wiki has had Dale Stephens as being 5ft 7 for a while now so I wouldn't pay too much attention to it.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Yeah, he's way taller than 5ft 11. Unless I'm thinking of the wrong guy. He started in our 4-0 win over Colchester in the EFL cup at the beginning of last season, right?

Wiki has had Dale Stephens as being 5ft 7 for a while now so I wouldn't pay too much attention to it.

Correct.

county exile

Sep 28, 2017
Someone posted earlier in the thread:-

Sending a classy ball playing centre back, to play 23 home matches on the worst pitch in our professional football system, seems a questionable choice. That pitch alone, could damage his confidence in his (correct) desire to play decent football. He'll likely end up 'getting rid' after a couple of bobble-induced calamities.

That's somewhat out of date as the drainage system was replaced and a new hybrid paying surface installed in the close season. It's probably gone from the worst to one of the best pitches in the League.

As a Newport supporter I have been very impressed with Ben's performances so far. So composed and comfortable on the ball for such a young player, with no previous league experience. Our manager rates him too:-

http://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/sp..._I_had_three_Ben_Whites__I_want_to_clone_him/

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
Ben White scored last night for Newport. He is having a fantastic season in League 2.

I watched him play in the FA cup against Walsall Town and he looked really good and set up a great goal.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Hame it has reportedly gone to his head & he's refusing a new Albion deal in favour of signing for a "big club's" DS.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Hame it has reportedly gone to his head & he's refusing a new Albion deal in favour of signing for a "big club's" DS.

The only link I could find on this was Sun online, which carried a helpful link to a story about.....welll I won't repeat the squalor here :-(

Anything actually reliable about this anywhere? I can't see anything other than the Sun piece....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here