Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How would we fair if we were still in the Championship.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
League 3 by Wednesday.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
With current squad we'd be looking at a record points total, certainly getting near to or over the 100 point mark. Gross would absolutely take the piss at that level.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
We can never know but if we hadn't got promoted the team would have been decimated and we'd be rebuilding. I reckon playoffs would then be a big ask :shrug:

Undoubtably the case - but the question the OP asked was 'Where would we finish with the current squad'. Whether or not we would actually have this squad available doesn't come into it.

The design I guess was to get some of the doom merchants to see actually - we aren't in a bad place. And in a better one than last season. Everyone knows where we are short but surely our current squad is better than the one that finished last season?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Undoubtably the case - but the question the OP asked was 'Where would we finish with the current squad'. Whether or not we would actually have this squad available doesn't come into it.

The design I guess was to get some of the doom merchants to see actually - we aren't in a bad place. And in a better one than last season. Everyone knows where we are short but surely our current squad is better than the one that finished last season?

Get what you are saying but given the money spent in the Championship this season I, for one, would not like to guess how anyone is going to do!

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
With current squad we'd be looking at a record points total, certainly getting near to or over the 100 point mark. Gross would absolutely take the piss at that level.

I have yet to see Mr Gross play, I take it he has shown up well ?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I have yet to see Mr Gross play, I take it he has shown up well ?

Admittedly haven't seen loads of him, but everything I've seen (including watching him from last season) suggests he's the real deal.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Get what you are saying but given the money spent in the Championship this season I, for one, would not like to guess how anyone is going to do!

Which is equally a fair comment. I don't see a side I'm as worried as I was with Newcastle mind. I think the gap between top 4 will be a bit closer this year. The bottom doesn't look quite as bad either.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
We would be promoted with three or four matches to go, the team would then go out on the piss, lose those three or four and go up in second.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
We would walk the league, I thought last summer we would miss out due to the lack of a pacey striker but had enough from midfield and a very solid defence.

With our summer additions we would beat most sides and keep the others to a bore draw

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

But following the FFP rules according to other threads from those in the know, following two years of collossal accounts losses, we would have had to have cut player wage costs severely this summer and made a big profit on selling a star player.

So the squad would have been broken up to an extent.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I'd be happy with the current squad in the championship and would expect top 6....but it's a poor side that will be relegated this season no doubt about that.
3 strikers
Ones injured a fair bit
Ones 33 and has no pace
One was 3rd choice last season

Central midfield is still rather week and are we goner have Lua lua and skalak playing really?
It's an ageing squad and was the oldest in the championship last season.....will be ridiculously tough but they'll do the best they can.
Recruitment has been very bad compared to others and time will tell but it's goner be painful sadly...

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Top six. Could win it, could not. Depends on injuries to key players Knockaert/Murray. We were fairly lucky to have both for pretty much the whole season last season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here