Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Passchendele, 100 years on.

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
What does it mean to you? My Grandfather said it was the worst experience of his life. He was at the battles you would not want to be at.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
There was an original race of people in Tasmania until the British arrived. `They were made extinct including some animals that were indigenous of that island.

The good guys are sometimes the bad guys in another era.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
What does it mean to you? My Grandfather said it was the worst experience of his life. He was at the battles you would not want to be at.

To be honest, I can't think of any battles I would want to be in! Full respect to those brave poor sods who were caught up in the whole horrid mess.

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
I am researching my family history and my maternal Grandfather was in the East Kent Regiment in WW1.

Fortunately his Battallion was sent to Mesopotamia (Iraq) instead of Europe otherwise I probably wouldn't be here now.

I cannot imagine what it must have been like for those young men, some as young as 15. I don't think the youth of today would be able to cope. They are all mouth.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
NSC keeps up its record of providing me with at least one new piece of knowledge everyday! :thumbsup:

As a footnote, after the battle, the British presented their adversaries with a bill for the ammunition used.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
As a footnote, after the battle, the British presented their adversaries with a bill for the ammunition used.

Which probably didn't impress a certain A Hitler - a soldier in WW1.

Wasn't reparation and the grievances a big cause of WW2?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here