Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England vs France quarter final

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Crawley wasps girls lost several girls to the Albion academy and others who didn't agree with their coaches to switch to boys football. My girl's team - Mile Oak - were about the only side in Sussex that could give that U15 side a game. The full Crawly Wasps girls side would still have lost to a boys u15 side (the lads are just bigger and stronger) but it would not have been 12-0. They had a few very talented footballers irrespective of gender.

Their coach said it was their strongest team and it was their first ever game against boys. They were only playing in the boys cup comp not a league.

I didn't give the final score as it was higher.

Irrespective the point I was making was in answer to whether England women would beat a San Marino mens team and they wouldn't

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The conversation inevitably moves to the strength of women's football. Although the comments aren't as bad as those in the Daily Mail section.

My question. Does it matter ?

Women competing proudly for their country are doing well.

Can't we just be happy about it ?

boik

Jeez there's some football snobs on this thread. The excitement comes from a match where two (fairly) evenly matched teams are trying to beat each other, not trying to beat some notionally perfect means team. Hate to think what the same people think when watching the paralympics and comparing them to the Olympics.

Well done the Lionesses. I for one am enjoying it.

scamander

Aug 9, 2011
saw the game last night, was refreshing to watch a match where players weren't throwing themselves on the floor at the chance, where tackles happened and players just got up and competed for the next ball. The lack of holding faces/heads after any slight collision was welcome too.

You can talk about quality all you want but it made me realise how WWE a lot of bloke's football has become.

The only thing I did think was a bit silly at times was the amount of feet players were able to steal at throw ins (by both sides I should add).

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
I totally support women's football and am proud of the Albion's involvement. BUT.... Given that last night's match presumably involved the best English women, and given that they are coached, the level of technical incompetence from most of them was stunning - no first touch, just hoof long down the channels without looking. The England number 4 had the positional - and tackling - sense of an excited Jack Russell. The coaching set up is worse than school football on this evidence

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Crawley wasps girls lost several girls to the Albion academy and others who didn't agree with their coaches to switch to boys football. My girl's team - Mile Oak - were about the only side in Sussex that could give that U15 side a game. The full Crawly Wasps girls side would still have lost to a boys u15 side (the lads are just bigger and stronger) but it would not have been 12-0. They had a few very talented footballers irrespective of gender.

I think I watched that Cup final in Shoreham last year. The big, centre forward for Crawley was very impressive. An impressive midfielder for Mile Oak went off early with a broken wrist, which was unfortunate. My neice at left back should have got into the game more. Is that the game? You lost a couple to the Albion that season , as well, if so.

Just remembered it was U-13 or U-12. Apologies.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Mile Oak girls played them at Culver Road in the final. Can't remember what year it was but it was 2-1 until the last five minutes and then we got suckered 2 or 3 times chasing the game.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
It's the talk of Lyme Regis this morning. I thought we were lucky again last night, France spurned numerous opportunities but we clung on and with Germany out it's wide open.

#backthebabes

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I don't understand why they want to go the corner to run down the clock with more than 5 mins to play....

Slow, sloppy and pretty boring. I've tried to watch Women's football, but find it worse than national league south.

Thats harsh on the National League South.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here