Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your personal nicknames for Brighton players

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Weirdly, I tend to use 'Beram' and 'Tomer' for our Israeli Men, as if they're mates or something. I don't think I do it for any other players.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Neil

lewis-dunk-5402326.jpg

(Doesn't work so well since he's grown the goatee)

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I recall Warren Aspinall being genially referred to as "Pies" during the Withdean years, in relation- obviously- to his cuddly physique.

And Paul Rogers was Ted, which always seemed considerably better than the players' nickname for him of "Dodge".

Going further back, I used to hear people calling Perry Digweed "Mary" at times, then of course there was the hugely memorable and widely used "Wendy" Wilkins.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Ever had you're own nickname for a player?

We used to call Gordon Greer "the Rolls"

Presumably as it's like something you get out of the garage once a year only to realise it's got a puncture or a ruptured fuel tank and therefore splutters into life momentarily only to wither and fade away?

Back in the day I used to refer to Peter Smith as the epileptic giraffe.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Someone I know used these:

Casper Angrybird
David Storkdale
Niki Magpie

Go figure.

I've just been informed that Matt Robin replaces Storkdale in this list...

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Anthony Knockeart is known as 'Rocky' by my 6 year old who misheard 'Knocky'

He wants 'Rocky' on a BHA shirt. He also thinks we are 'The sausage boys in white and blue'

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
A friend of mine went to watch the Albion at Withdean and asked me why we all shout "Cheese Rolls" I chant it when I'm watching it on the tele and in the presence of my 2 year old but never at the Amex

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
'That man has the heart of a mouse' was a frequent utterance of mine (Orlandi, for his no-holds-barred gung ho tackling)

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
I recall Warren Aspinall being genially referred to as "Pies" during the Withdean years, in relation- obviously- to his cuddly physique.

And Paul Rogers was Ted, which always seemed considerably better than the players' nickname for him of "Dodge".

Going further back, I used to hear people calling Perry Digweed "Mary" at times, then of course there was the hugely memorable and widely used "Wendy" Wilkins.

I remember Perry Digweed being called the similarly biblical 'Jesus', presumably because neither of them liked crosses

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Remembered another couple. My mate and I call Dunk "Baby Dunk" or just Baby. I think it has something to do with a nickname he had for his daughter. CMS was always the golden retriever, because he ran about aimlessly like one,

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here