Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The first sacking in The Premier League ?

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Stoke City have a tough first six game start,but not a traditional sacking club. Would have thought Howe and Pulis along with Dyce and Wagner at Huddersfield Town are secure as is C/H so where next ?:fishing:

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I think it could be Shakespeare at Leicester City as they will expect to be clear of the relegation places.

Other mentions for Watford, Palace, Burnley & Bournemouth but the expectation from their Chairmen may mean they have time to sort the mess before getting the sack. We may even get to Christmas before seeing our first managerial casualty

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I'd rather not say. :smile:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Perkino;8042694[B said:
]I think it could be Shakespeare at Leicester City[/B] as they will expect to be clear of the relegation places.

Other mentions for Watford, Palace, Burnley & Bournemouth but the expectation from their Chairmen may mean they have time to sort the mess before getting the sack. We may even get to Christmas before seeing our first managerial casualty

Would be somewhat ironic considering the circumstances of his elevation.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Hughton by Xmas .

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'll be the manager of Brighton nil.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Hughton by Xmas .

For a start, the first sacking is usually late October/early November and secondly, Bloom is not a chairman that sacks managers when we hit a rough patch. Poyet went for non-football reasons whereas Sami Hyyppia resigned and long after most people had been calling for him to be sacked. Other than that, that's a cracking post from our resident Billy No-Mates.

Last edited:

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
One of these 3.

West Brom have an ageing team. Whilst Pulis knows his stuff, the fans are restless and the football is turgid. A bad start could see him offloaded.

Stoke haven't bought anyone yet. Hughes is a possible.

God knows why Watford sack managers.

An outside bet is Jose. He looked like a bin man at times last year.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here