Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Absolutely gagging for a striker.....

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Agree with the above posts, while we don't want to throw away money on a shit striker and go bankrupt, we do need to strengthen in that area. If we don't the chances are we will get relegated, in which case we will need to sign at least 2 strikers as Murray will be at the very end of his career, Hemed less mobile than last year and Baldock still injury prone. Sunderland didn't spend on strikers while in the premier league, and have now spent £30m on championship quality strikers. Lets try to get Perez for £13m if the wages can be agreed. We need to do something.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
In all fairness, if Hudders can spend 40 million quid and not run the risk of going bankrupt and we can't spend more than 10 so far without there being a concern for our finances something is really, really wrong with our club.

We're fine financially, we're just a tight and very, very naive bunch on and off the pitch this season and we're going to get taught some very brutal lessons if we do not make a few more significant additions.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
We simply have to do everything possible to survive in the Premier League. The main financial benefits lie in becoming an established Premier League side rather than a yo-yo club. If this means paying silly money for two strikers we should do so. It's not as if we don't have the money now. Pace and strength are the two main traits of good quality players in the Premier League and we don't have too much of either at the moment.

Have you found the magic money tree ?

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
We simply have to do everything possible to survive in the Premier League. The main financial benefits lie in becoming an established Premier League side rather than a yo-yo club. If this means paying silly money for two strikers we should do so. It's not as if we don't have the money now. Pace and strength are the two main traits of good quality players in the Premier League and we don't have too much of either at the moment.

I vote we ban the term yo yo club and use the term Burnley instead as they are the only club you could even remotely apply that term to in recent years.

I agree btw, we just have to stay up

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yeah it's the one that guarantees you £100m MINIMUM for coming bottom.

Roughly translated to - there's 0 risk anymore.

If that is our target I will be stunned. As things stand we are going down with our big parachutes. Find it really hard to believe that the club will settle for this cop out though, unless TB has over stretched himself and needs some payback.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If that is our target I will be stunned. As things stand we are going down with our big parachutes. Find it really hard to believe that the club will settle for this.
Going down and losing Dunk, March, Stephens and Knockaert when we do :nono:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
A real shame that it looks as if we are not going to take the Prem seriously.
With respect to all 3 of our forwards, I would have thought that one, if not two of them would not be in our line up against Man City. Oh well let's hope for 0-0 as a best score against City

As our self proclaimed richest NSC'er, why not lob the club £15m for a striker and offer to pay his wages for a few years too?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I vote we ban the term yo yo club and use the term Burnley instead as they are the only club you could even remotely apply that term to in recent years.

I agree btw, we just have to stay up

West Brom were unquestionably a yo-yo club that stabilised
Think possibly Stoke a while back?
You could add Newcastle to the list also

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
West Brom were unquestionably a yo-yo club that stabilised
Think possibly Stoke a while back?
You could add Newcastle to the list also

Stoke? They were promoted circa 2007 for the first time since the 70/80s and have remained there ever since. Unsure about WBA and Newcastle are a basket case.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Stoke? They were promoted circa 2007 for the first time since the 70/80s and have remained there ever since. Unsure about WBA and Newcastle are a basket case.

The term yo yo club simply means a club that goes up and down, doesn't mean they are well run. Newcastle and WBA have shown yo-yo tendencies within the last decade or so.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here