Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Absolutely gagging for a striker.....

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
No problem. Most people invariably resort to bad language when they've lost, or are losing, an argument so I would have expected no less of you.

I don't normally use bad language and I can assure you I haven't lost any argument - I am just sick to the back teeth with people downing the side before the season has even begun, then saying anyone who doesn't agree is deluded / has their head in the sand / doesn't know what they are talking about, etc, etc, etc...

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex
Yawn. It's about time some folks took their heads out of the sand. Anyone who is satisfied with how our recruitment is going this summer must be easily pleased. No offence meant of course. :ohmy:

Hey Zeb. Who said this last year?

Looks as if the club is getting its excuses in early..... We are going to struggle to make the play-offs this year unless we sign at least one and ideally two good quality strikers before the window shuts tomorrow. Let's hope the club has something up its sleeve. It's not as if we haven't had sufficient time. Having just two permanent first team strikers on our books is just not good enough if we are serious about obtaining promotion this season. Any medium term injuries or suspensions in the striking department will seriously cripple us.

What happened?

Deja Vue?

Stop whinging. Have some patience FFS

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent

Looks as if the club is getting its excuses in early..... We are going to struggle to make the play-offs this year unless we sign at least one and ideally two good quality strikers before the window shuts tomorrow. Let's hope the club has something up its sleeve. It's not as if we haven't had sufficient time. Having just two permanent first team strikers on our books is just not good enough if we are serious about obtaining promotion this season. Any medium term injuries or suspensions in the striking department will seriously cripple us.

What happened?

Deja Vue?

Hallelujah...

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

What happened?

Deja Vue?

Lol! :ffsparr:

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
Don't really care for the stats of other clubs, history is there for the making. I repeat my belief Solly is more than capable of x 7 - 10 goals, Antony Knock x 10 if both fit across a full season.
the number 10 shirt has always been the dynamic attacking midfielder( ignore Trevor Brooking) often seen as an additional striker, a goal creator and goal scorer. Bergkamp being a superb example of the bread , and no I don't think Gross is in the same class but i do think he will score goals as I do also think we will surprise a few. Put the spreadsheet away are start believing in the possibilities and feel free to bounce in May 2018.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton

What happened?

Deja Vue?

Thankfully we didn't suffer too much from serious injuries or suspensions. The outcome of the season might have been different had we done so. I think it's also fair to say that we face a rather stiffer challenge this year.

I accept that I should be more patient. Always been a bad trait with me I'm afraid. That said, at the end of the day we've all got the club's best interests at heart and want to see them do well.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Don't really care for the stats of other clubs, history is there for the making. I repeat my belief Solly is more than capable of x 7 - 10 goals, Antony Knock x 10 if both fit across a full season.
the number 10 shirt has always been the dynamic attacking midfielder( ignore Trevor Brooking) often seen as an additional striker, a goal creator and goal scorer. Bergkamp being a superb example of the bread , and no I don't think Gross is in the same class but i do think he will score goals as I do also think we will surprise a few. Put the spreadsheet away are start believing in the possibilities and feel free to bounce in May 2018.

This squad with its lack of fit, youthful, top flight quality strikers WILL go down.

Which is why the club are working hard on recruits, as borne out by the move for Tammy Abraham.

Even little old: Stains, Bournemouth, Burnley and Palace, all spent significantly on going up, each on many new faces. It's a bare minimum.

The "possibilities" are made by planning to succeed and significant investment. Alas, not by team bonding alone and the romantic notion that our current squad might surprise a few.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I don't normally use bad language and I can assure you I haven't lost any argument - I am just sick to the back teeth with people downing the side before the season has even begun, then saying anyone who doesn't agree is deluded / has their head in the sand / doesn't know what they are talking about, etc, etc, etc...

Fair enough. Each to his own view I guess. Feel free to put me on your ignore list if you wish. :rolleyes:

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
This squad with its lack of fit, youthful, top flight quality strikers WILL go down.

Which is why the club are working hard on recruits, as borne out by the move for Tammy Abraham.

Even little old: Stains, Bournemouth, Burnley and Palace, all spent significantly on going up, each on many new faces. It's a bare minimum.

The "possibilities" are made by planning to succeed and significant investment. Alas, not by team bonding alone and the romantic notion that our current squad might surprise a few.

All very true. Strength and pace are key in the Premier League and at the moment we don't have a lot of that in the squad.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent

Sorry, you can't say this squad WILL go down! Whatever your beliefs are you can't say for certain the current squad isn't good enough. You might believe it, which is fair enough, but you can't be categoric!

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I don't ignore anyone, I might argue with, pee off or get peed off by, but ignore, no!

All's good for me, hope it is for you too.

Zebedee is the mouthpiece for Albion fans on here. Leave him alone.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Knocky, Solly and Gross could easily get 20-25 between them. A new striker will come in, and between him, Muzza, Hemed, Brown and Baldock could be another 15-20. Whether that will be enough is another matter.

I prefer to be optimistic at this point. Time will tell.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Sorry, you can't say this squad WILL go down! Whatever your beliefs are you can't say for certain the current squad isn't good enough. You might believe it, which is fair enough, but you can't be categoric!

A good Championship squad, with just Gross and Ryan added of note, will finish in slots 18, 19 or 20.

But TB will be hell bent on that damp squib (Boro 2016/17) not occurring, after 34 years of hurt. So I would expect and hope that our main spending is to come.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here