Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Absolutely gagging for a striker.....

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Perhaps someone can have a word in Diego Simeone's ear later today and convince him a move to the Amex for his son Giovanni would be good for all concerned. Apparently he's on his way out of Genoa and doesn't have a bad goal scoring record in Serie A.

https://youtu.be/Z_Euy1gEFAA

boik

Do people really think the recruitment team aren't trying to get a striker in?

Who exactly have we missed out on that the moaners think would definitely come here? Realistically I mean.

It's a tough old world, and more so with strikers. They will get someone in, of that I'm sure. Whether it will be the name that people will get excited about I'm not so sure.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Keep seeing the word 'failed' in regard to our recruitment. I know it is frustrating, but I do not see 'failure' in what is happening at the club. Yes we need a striker, we all know that. Being realistic about who, and how much is spent, is crucial in our first year, we don't want diva baggage and will be better off with a good squad that can compete, and thats what is happening. :shrug:

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Who exactly have we missed out on that the moaners think would definitely come here? Realistically I mean.

Britt Assombalonga? Martin Braithwaite? Steve Mounie? Ashley Fletcher? Felipe Caicedo? There could be a strong argument that the reason we didn't go after / get them is because the club feels it can do better.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Britt Assombalonga? Martin Braithwaite? Steve Mounie? Ashley Fletcher? Felipe Caicedo? There could be a strong argument that the reason we didn't go after / get them is because the club feels it can do better.
The only 2 Albionesque deals I've come up with is Jay Rodriguez and Sandro Ramírez.

Hardly an extensive list.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yep. I remember. Failure to land murray in 15/16 , not signing Pritchard , Elvis Manu vs signing Murray in 16/17, Hemed , Baldock = "poor at recruiting strikers in last couple of years". Or "good business that got us promoted compared to rest of champ"

Sorry I prefer the latter
You're being silly. We didn't get promoted in 2016 compared to Middlesbrough and Burnley, they got promoted compared to us. You're trying to suggest that because we got promoted last year, that everything the club has done is 100% perfect. You're acting like a parent who's blind to his child's shortcomings when someone suggests room for improvement.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
You're being silly. We didn't get promoted in 2016 compared to Middlesbrough and Burnley, they got promoted compared to us. You're trying to suggest that because we got promoted last year, that everything the club has done is 100% perfect. You're acting like a parent who's blind to his child's shortcomings when someone suggests room for improvement.

You argued that our recruitment of strikers has been poor in the last couple of years . I disagree.
If that makes me silly and blind then so be it.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
Or have these signings Leon Best, Elvis Manu, David Rodrigues Sanchez, Jonathan Obika, Chris O'Grady Adrian Collunga and Chuba Ackpom conveniently escaped yours?

The interesting thing about that list of players is that none of them were considered our main striker. All of them were bought in to strengthen the squad and make sure we had numbers in case of injuries, PROBABLY to also silence the whinging group of fans saying we didn't have enough strikers.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
Do you seriously believe that statement? A club spends transfer fee's and wages just to silence whinging fans !!

I see you conveniently ignored the first half of that sentance where I explained why those players were bought. Answering the criticsms of whinging fans is obviously a bonus.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Brighton January transfer dossier: Top scorer needed for potential Premier League relegation battle

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/brighton-j...tial-premier-league-relegation-battle-1652194

However, Hughton still needs a number nine after the club failed in their attempts to sign several targets like Deportivo la Coruna's Florin Andone or current Malaga forward Diego Rolan. :shrug:

Did we?, he certainly did get his own thread from the 'attempt'.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
You argued that our recruitment of strikers has been poor in the last couple of years . I disagree.
If that makes me silly and blind then so be it.

It does...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Blimey B.W - you’re a tough crowd .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know, CJ... I'm just a tad impatient for some progress on this one... should have been addressed years ago IMHO...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here