Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Absolutely gagging for a striker.....

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Would be a dream scenario. However, you do know that he is too young to be allowed to play as in attack in the Brighton first team, don't you? I bet he's got years out on loan ahead of him yet..............(see Jordan Maguire-Drew).

James Wilson was 19 when he made his Albion debut in Nov 2015.
James Tilley was 16 when he made his very brief Albion debut in May 2015.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
James Wilson was 19 when he made his Albion debut in Nov 2015.
James Tilley was 16 when he made his very brief Albion debut in May 2015.

James Wilson wasn't our player, so wasn't promoted from our Dev. squad - and we had probably agreed, at least informally, to give him a bit of first team action. Tilley? How many minutes action has he had in the two years since? It's not exactly a copybook example of giving youth a chance, is it?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
James Wilson wasn't our player, so wasn't promoted from our Dev. squad - and we had probably agreed, at least informally, to give him a bit of first team action. Tilley? How many minutes action has he had in the two years since? It's not exactly a copybook example of giving youth a chance, is it?

Hughton is clearly capable of picking a 19 year old to play up front for the Albion if he's good enough.
As for the merits of our youth set up , then thats another question.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Hughton is clearly capable of picking a 19 year old to play up front for the Albion if he's good enough.
As for the merits of our youth set up , then thats another question.
Another question would be, was Wilson good enough? There's plenty as would answer 'No!' to that!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

And James Wilson flattered to deceive. A couple of good moments, but he appeared to get weaker and more ill by the week. His loan IMO wasn't a success overall.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Getting back on topic, this is seriously starting to take the piss now and I ain't no bedwetter.

If this doesn't happen I would say the club have let the fans down.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
I am coming to the conlusion that there are some people that think buying players, including strikers is just like playing FIFA 17 or whatever. FFS You CANNOT click a button and buy a striker in the real world. (even if you spend £200m on one, that took time as well)

Some people need to get their noses out of their electronic devices and see how the real world works.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
I am coming to the conlusion that there are some people that think buying players, including strikers is just like playing FIFA 17 or whatever. FFS You CANNOT click a button and buy a striker in the real world. (even if you spend £200m on one, that took time as well)

Some people need to get their noses out of their electronic devices and see how the real world works.

This line of thought may have had some validity 6-12 months ago but not now.

The club has had ample time to secure one of the multiple strikers the scouting network would have recommended.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

I haven't spent much time on the transfer threads, so most of the whining has past me by. But while I appreciate many will have unnecessarily moaned, I think it is fair to say we've been poor at getting in strikers over the last couple of seasons. We tried an failed to get a striker to compete with Baldock 2 years ago, we tried and failed again last summer, and we're behind other teams in our signings this summer. Of course you don't just press a button, but it looks like we're not doing great at the moment.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

Blanketing everyone with genuine concerns as Football Manager/FIFA players, not seen that one before, top post:thumbsup:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Getting back on topic, this is seriously starting to take the piss now and I ain't no bedwetter.

If this doesn't happen I would say the club have let the fans down.

They already have IMHO...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

... but other clubs have done it, so not impossible... I suggest you get your head out of the sand...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here