Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is SeagullsTV worth paying for?

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Never had a problem streaming u23 games on a cheap pc on Seagulls.com last season. Why would it be anything different now? Sounds more like the problems lay at the feet of this new provider.

Yes, in as much as the quality is a lot better. And the provider seems to assume that everyone has a brand new shinny pc or whatever device they use. Cheap pc doesn't have to mean crappy though does it ?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
If you are outside of Gods Own County, yes...

phoenix

May 18, 2009
I have a gaming PC myself, so it'll be fine - thanks for your input

I don't think I can get Radio Sussex in Humberside..

All I can say GR is that mine works fine and I am very grateful for the far superior quality. Or I could just be lucky. But i'm just trying to pass on what i have found. Good luck mate!

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Sorry, I've probably missed this but will Radio Sussex continue to do commentary then?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Never had a problem streaming u23 games on a cheap pc on Seagulls.com last season. Why would it be anything different now? Sounds more like the problems lay at the feet of this new provider.
When you decide to contact them they will tell you to do a load of things to solve the problems-not once taking responsibility. "Uninstall Albion App then ee-install it. Switch off your device then re-start it. Blah blah blah". Crap outfit to deal with. Why do they think my 3 devices are the problem and not at their end?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 22389

When you decide to contact them they will tell you to do a load of things to solve the problems-not once taking responsibility. "Uninstall Albion App then ee-install it. Switch off your device then re-start it. Blah blah blah". Crap outfit to deal with. Why do they think my 3 devices are the problem and not at their end?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

The problem is their end, because the content should stream no matter what browser, phone or operating system you use. I have watched quite a few live friendly streams over YouTube over the seasons without any issues whatsoever and that was on a 10 year old laptop running Chromium on Linux. You should not have to clear your cache, restart your phone, machine to get this to work. I think the player is probably being too fussy or has the stupid DRM thing, it's a fing cock up. Feels like we have gone back 10 years, next they be telling everyone to install Microsoft Silverlight.

Last edited by a moderator:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Is that from experience of using tunein? Or from using ipllayer?

Yes, those apps never carry the league games as they broadcast internationally and not just the area that Radio Sussex have the contract for. If you are in a near county but unable to receive Radio Sussex or have Aldershot on or something, then a freeview tv can be set to play Radio Sussex. I imagine that only works if you are in the same region though.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Is that from experience of using tunein? Or from using ipllayer?
Any.

BBC don't have the rights beyond local radio (inc DAB) broadcast from a local transmitter.

All these non iplayer apps do is connect to public streams broadcast over the internet by the BBC.

Sent from my LG-K520 using Tapatalk

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I've mentioned it before.......
I use a slingbox which sends a signal over the internet to one person anywhere in the world. By connecting to both a Sky box and freeview stand alone box you can listen and watch everything anywhere. It also controls the box to enable you to change channels. Works great for my Daughter who listens to BBC Sussex in Wales.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here