Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

F1, Hungarian

Interesting day for Williams, Massa decided after P3 he's not well enough to take part.

Paul Diresta to take seat after not racing in 2 years and never having driven the Williams.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
I find Di Resta the most boring man to listen to- monotone and nothing interesting to say. He will do better in a car than he does as a pundit!

Interesting to see the Ferraris lock out the front row- I still think Hamilton is in with a chance...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Expecting a procession this afternoon once the start is over.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
On BBC sport LH says he doesnt expect to be able to push up from 4th in this race unless something drastic happens at the front. Apparently this course is virtually impossible to overtake on due to the twists and bends. This begs the question why do they use such courses where there is no chance of overtaking so it is down to who is on pole and makes for a boring race?

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
On BBC sport LH says he doesnt expect to be able to push up from 4th in this race unless something drastic happens at the front. Apparently this course is virtually impossible to overtake on due to the twists and bends. This begs the question why do they use such courses where there is no chance of overtaking so it is down to who is on pole and makes for a boring race?

Mansell won from 12th on the grid in 89

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRpTbb05094

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Less and less interested. Very litle overtaking. Now have Hamilton saying unable to win from 4th unless something goes wrong with other cars

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Interesting day for Williams, Massa decided after P3 he's not well enough to take part.

Paul Diresta to take seat after not racing in 2 years and never having driven the Williams.

Not quite true - Diresta has been racing regularly, just not in F1 - he is the Williams reserve driver so will have had some time in the car. Just not any time to set the car up to suit him at the Hungaroring this weekend.
It's not like the case with Jenson Button at Monaco, where he has not been in a race car for a while and certainly not any competitive racing.

As to processions, yes, the new F1 administrators will need to keep a close eye and tweak the spec laws to ensure overtaking is always possible at all circuits - DRS went some way to do this but we've gone a step back this season with wider cars and changes to wings. Personally, I still find touring cars more boring and processional than F1, even though they get their elbows out [more contact].

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
This begs the question why do they use such courses where there is no chance of overtaking so it is down to who is on pole and makes for a boring race?

Its Monaco without buildings. They have both become pointless in terms of race action because of the advances in the cars. Monaco gets the gig because of tradition and money. Cliff knows why Hungary is still on the calendar.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Lewis the moral victor today. He risked this 4th place to hand the place back. That loyalty to Bottas should reap rewards later in the season. Can't wait for some 'Mercedes suited' tracks after the summer break.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
What a borefest, time to bin Hungary from the F1 circuit. Nearly as bad as Valencia and Singapore.

Monaco is a glamorous borefest and should be the only one of these dull race tracks to survive.

Hamilton shows his class :thumbsup:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Monaco is a glamorous borefest and should be the only one of these dull race tracks to survive.
To be honest, Monaco should go to. Yes I know it's tradition, yes I know it's glamorous, but it's supposed to be entertaining racing FFS.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Awful circuit, it needs to be binned a.s.a.p.

Capricorn

Aug 14, 2010
Perth, Australia
I don't even particularly like Hamilton, but watching him get closer and closer to Raikkonen towards the end and yet not quite getting close enough to try the overtake was so bloody frustrating. Meanwhile Vettel, in his car that appeared to be falling to pieces every time he made contact with the curb, was blissfully unaware that Raikkonen was having a much better race than him and was probably more deserving of finishing first place. To be fair to Ferrari, their strategy of keeping Vettel in front paid off, but I would have loved to see them let Raikkonen attack and throw Vettel to the wolves. Seeing an excitable Hamilton trying to attack a struggling Vettel on an almost impossible overtaking course could have led to some interesting little battles. Ah well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here