Page 44 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3441424344454647 LastLast
    Members

0 Not allowed!
    I echo Severnside's sentiments - classy touch to close the site. I didn't know Ed although did meet him a couple of times and enjoyed his contributions on here - Thoughts are with his family, and I will raise a glass to him this evening.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Half Hawaiian Half Greek Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      I echo the the sentiments above and I'm sure everyone who was able to attend gave Ed the send off he deserved
      PURA VIDA MAE
      The voice of reason. hans kraay fan club's Avatar

16 Not allowed!
      Thanks to @Buzzer for the idea of the NSC downtime, and to @Bozza for implementing it respectfully. Nice touch.
      The above post is simply my opinion. I am not bullying you, should it differ from your own.

13 Not allowed!
      Just back from the celebration of Ed's life. Standing room only in the church.

Very fitting tributes covering the different aspects of Ed's life. His Life in Firle and how much he had done for the village; his expertise as a planner, Rural bus network, Morris Dancing, and the Albion all commented on with much humour and affection. He will be greatly missed
      Members

2 Not allowed!
      i'm back from the service. it was very touching, a great tribute to a lovely man, he'll be much missed
      he vuelto, o mejor dicho nunca me había ido!!!!

2 Not allowed!
      Given the amount of tributes poured in for the great man himself, and the fact that he was a legend of NSC.... is it a good idea if thread is moved to Gold?
      Albion = the never-ending rollercoaster ride of emotions!

7 Not allowed!
      It's sad to hear about this. I only knew Lord Bracknell as a poster on here not as Ed Bassford, though I also understood he was VIP on the road to Falmer. We had the odd chat on NSC and he came across as a decent man without an ego so I will miss him and his Avatar on here.

It just seems such a shame that although he was here to see us promoted and would have been delighted at that, he never got to see the start the season. I guess we can reflect on all the fans who have passed and just appreciate living that dream for them when the season starts because this is the season we have all been waiting for for 34 years.

2 Not allowed!
      My condolences to his family, friends and fellow NSCers.

I applaud with civility all that Lord B did for this club.
      Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow.

---- L. Ron Hubbard
      Longing for retirement. AmexRuislip's Avatar

5 Not allowed!
      Was up my allotment this afternoon, about 14:35 ish, a couple of Red Kites gracefully circled overhead.
      Didn't really mean anything at the time, but then one's thoughts turn to today's events in Firle, very peaceful and poignant moment.
      I did not know LB personally, but a few chats on NSC over the time, you get to judge their character, which shone through
      Ever since I was a young boy, I've played the silver ball.
      From Soho down to Brighton, I must have played them all.
      Sex Panther

1 Not allowed!
      Very sad that I couldn't make it to the funeral today, but I stopped at 2 o'clock for 15 minutes or so of quiet contemplation. I'll raise a glass tonight to one of life's true good guys. I've no doubt that he'd have got a terrific send off this afternoon. Sincere thoughts and condolences to his family.