Page 21 of 47 FirstFirst ... 111819202122232431 ... LastLast
    On the BHA rollercoaster Icy Gull's Avatar

2 Not allowed!
    Some very moving tributes on this thread.
    Falmer, concrete proof that if you build it they will come

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Chrissy Hughton Fanboy Guinness Boy's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Ironically I found this out about 10 minutes ago after playing in a charity match against a Macmillan team for someone else lost to cancer.

Ed's posts on here were lively, intelligent and, at times, provocative and always worth reading. I was finally introduced to him late last season by Al from the Albion Roar and he was just as engaging over a pint despite being so unwell. Thoughts to his family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Brighton But Only At Home

It's a blog. About home games. And some other stuff.

5 Not allowed!
      As many know, Ed had another footballing passion, Newport County. This is him with me, my brother, the missus, at Wembley at the 2012 FA Trophy Final between York and Newport County (pic taken by a Welsh sister in law). Not the best result that day, but the following year we went to the Conference Playoff Final together, to see Wrexham put to the sword, and Newport promoted tot the football league.

Name:  IMG_8345.JPG
Views: 419
Size:  210.5 KB

3 Not allowed!
      My memories of LB are based purely on his NSC contributions, which will be remerbered fondly as he was an intelligent, deeply witty and a gentle person.

I''m not sure how many contributors have been around since NSC started out, but I recall his wit way back then, and always looked forward to reading his posts.

I was saddened to read a few months back of his battle against cancer, something he tackled with both grace and bravery.

I am hugely sorry to read this awful news, and hope only that he rests in peace.

Kosh
      On the road to find out...

3 Not allowed!
      Best bloke ever

0 Not allowed!
      I never had the pleasure of meeting LB in person, but he always came across on these forums as a genuinely lovely and intelligent bloke. Never one to get involved in the binfestry that this forum so often throws up.

So sad that he won't get to see us kick it with the big boys

RIP

0 Not allowed!
      Sad news. RIP LB.

TNBA is very apt on this post

ttf

0 Not allowed!
      I knew the name and his work but, sadly, not the man himself. RIP and condolences to his family. Once again, we have lost someone who did so much to ensure we all have a club to follow, and at the time of another step forward in the development of the club. It is so sad that neither he nor Paul W will be taking their seats two weeks from today.

1 Not allowed!
      A quick word to say that we actually had the odd tussle on NSC (not about BHA, it was almost always politics) but his arguments were always articulate, witty and sincere.

Sad I never got to meet him as I'm sure we would have agreed to disagree over a glass of red. RIP.
      Members

7 Not allowed!
      Not ashamed to admit I'm typing this with tears rolling down my cheeks. RIP Ed, you fantastic, brilliant, witty, charming man. God what a loss.