Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ed Bassford - Lord Bracknell

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Oh no, what awful news. Poor Ed.

Love to Roz.

Will raise a glass on August 12th, as will many many people I'm sure.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Very sad news, A TRUE FAN

Rest in peace Lord B.

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
Legend is a word that all too easily rolls off the tongue these days but without Ed, we wouldn't be where we are today.

Thank you for all you did for us Ed. This is truly sad news

RIP

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
Very Sad. Knew him mainly from his postings on here but would see him occasionally on the North Stand Concourse. Thanks for all he did and thoughts are with his family.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Oh no. Thats just about knocked me sideways.

A true gent, and a crucial guiding light during the fight for Falmer, when he would interpret the endless guff and planning application jargon, and put it into laymans terms for everyone on here that we could all understand. Whenever news broke about Falmer, I would be keenly waiting for his take on it, to read his reassurance and wise council. What Ed didn't know about planning laws you simply didn't need to know. I sat with him once at one of the Public Enquiries, and also had the pleasure of chatting with him over a Harveys in Dicks. A Lovely, lovely man. NSC has lost one of its founding fathers.

RIP Ed. You will be fondly remembered, and sorely missed.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Such a sad day, RIP Ed, love to Roz and the family.

The man was everything BHAFC, he IS a legend, he was a good friend, and will be sadly missed in our household.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Really sad news this. Spoke to him a few times. Always pleasant and a person once you meet you never forget. Maybe because of his wild caveman look which made him a unique character.

Can't remember his Missus name but would like to wish her all the best at this difficult time.

You will be missed LB

RIP

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
In a world of fakery and shallowness, Ed shone through as a man of decency, intelligence, wit and commitment.

His contribution towards getting this club to where it is today should never be forgotten, He stood for the Seagulls Party in a local election as part of the campaign to get Falmer approved, but more importantly, he stood for the good things in life. He used his knowledge of planning and transport legislation to ensure that i's were dotted and t's crossed.

He'll be missed at Mod Towers, where he would gently nudge us in the right direction when we got too excited, and by all that knew him.

RIP Ed, always a Seagull.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Very sad news - I met him a couple of times and always found him knowledgeable and friendly.

His contribution to where we as a club are now cannot be overstated, and I'm sure every Albion fan is grateful for his efforts.

RIP

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Very sad news. An Albion legend as many have said. Only knew him from on here in terms of engaging with him personally, although I was well aware of who he was and what he did for the club and community. On NSC, for me, he was always a very nice, knowledgeable and likable character.

RIP Ed.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here