Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ed Bassford - Lord Bracknell

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
When I first saw the title of this thread on Saturday morning, and who had written it, my heart sank, as it could unfortunately mean only one thing.

Like many, I knew he had been ill, but thought, clearly incorrectly that he was recovering. This is dreadful news.

As Paul said in his initial post, without LB it's highly likely that Falmer would have never happened, and we all know what that would have meant. No Albion. We all owe him a huge debt of gratitude. His work at the Public Inquiry, with the Seagulls Party, Falmer for All etc. etc. simply cannot be underestimated.

There was a small group of a dozen or so fans, maybe a few more, to whom we owe so much. To have lost four of this group is simply not right.

A week on Saturday let's all raise a glass to them all, and LB in particular.

My thoughts are with Roz all his family and friends at this time. RIP LB, a true gentleman.

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
Ed/Lord B - Funeral Arrangements

Thank you so much for your kind thoughts and wishes which have really cheered us at this sad time.

Ed's funeral will be at 2pm on Friday 4th August in Firle Church. The family would love to see everyone there - no dress code, and no formal flowers, please, but if you would like to bring small home-made posies or garlands that would be nice. Donations in Ed's memory are invited to St Peter and St James' Hospice: please send to Grace Independent Funeral Directors, 74 Springett Ave, Ringmer, Lewes BN8 5QX.

Roz

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
Thank you all for your incredibly kind words. Reading this thread has been simply wonderful for all of us. The funeral will take place this Friday 4th August at 2pm at Firle church. All welcome.

Dan

Sent from my FP2 using Tapatalk

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Love to be there but I'm taking the kids to play cricket on Friday afternoon. Thoughts are with you and your family, Roz.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
There's a new thread from Roz. If that could be sticky it'd be great.

Sent from my FP2 using Tapatalk

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I will try and get over Roz.

Love to you and the family.

Dave.
Xxx

Dan Gleeballs

Nov 24, 2011
Best wishes to all the family and friends of Ed. Always came across so level headed and informative on NSC and will be sorely by all. RIP LB. So glad you were able to celebrate Albion making the premier league. Legend

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I will try and get there.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Thousands of miles away and no way to get home at the moment, but I'll be thinking of Ed and you all throughout Friday.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Sorry Roz. Unchangeable work nonsense means I shall be thinking of you all from afar, then raising a glass to Ed, later x

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Will be thinking of you, beached out till the 12th

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here