Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ed Bassford - Lord Bracknell

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
So sorry to hear this sad news. I was so lucky to have played in the first REMF football match and meet Ed.
He was such an intelligent, warm and funny guy.

RIP you will be really missed

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Very sorry to hear this news. Ed was so reassuring during the Falmer planning nightmare - he certainly kept me believing that we WOULD win, despite all the set-backs. RIP Lord Bracknell.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Truly sorry to hear this news.
EB / LB was an infinitely reasoned voice to everything on here and there will always be something missing after this !
Deepest condolences to his family and close friends.
RIP

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
A really sad time, I will greatly miss his posts and input. Deepest condolences to Eds family and friends, he will be missed. RIP.

Jul 7, 2003
RIP Ed. I had the privilege of meeting him in a professional capacity on a couple of occasions and, as you would expect, he was pragmatic, well informed and a gentlemen to deal with.

His Albion legacy is well documented in the other posts here and it is also a great tribute to him that former regular posters have returned to contribute.

For those of us left behind, we can now be assured that when it is our time to head up to the pearly gates, the transport planning up there will be much improved.

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
Had the pleasure of meeting Ed at a NSC sponsored game at Withdean circa 2004

Ed had an implacable sense of what was right and wrong and always had the facts to more than prove his viewpoint was correct - he would disagree no matter who you were, rightly stubborn to the end

A typical example being when attending a match long after Amex opened with a terminally ill relative who could not walk far, we used to get the shuttle bus Ed organised from the Uni car park - that was until banned by over zealous steward for lack of disabled blue badge

A PM to Ed and a full update of robust exchange of views he had had with club over lack of understanding on the issue - though sadly relative was never well enough to attend another match at Amex

A world without unsung heroes like Ed is not one I would want to live in

Rest In Peace Ed

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
As others have said, it would be nice if there was something to remember him at the ground. Given that we've lost 4 members of the Falmer For All it might even be more of a fitting gesture to have a permanent memorial for the whole campaign team. Maybe an arch over the steps by the railway or something.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
So sad, I found out I'd been dealing with Lord B at wok purely by accident in my old job. True Albion fan and an absolute pleasure to have done business with. Condolences and RIP ☹️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
In the pre 2003 days of NSC, Ed was an immediate, warm correspondant. My honour to meet and chat with him briefly at Wycombe many years ago. A legend, stolen from us and, more importantly, his family. RIP.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here