Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ed Bassford - Lord Bracknell

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Donations in Ed's memory are invited to St Peter and St James' Hospice: please send to Grace Independent Funeral Directors, 74 Springett Ave, Ringmer, Lewes BN8 5QX.

Roz

Is there any way of setting up a communal online NSC donation? I'm totally incompetent in IT matters but would certainly donate if I could.

If not I have already got an addressed envelope for a cheque but we live in these here modern times - surely someone on NSC could sort this?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Would be nice if Atilla could read a poem for him at the City game and the match be dedicated to Sir Lord Bracknell of Firle and Falmer

He can't make it to the funeral - he's gigging up north.

He has said somewhere (on FB I think) however, that when he reads it over the weekend, he will dedicate 'From Hereford To Here' to Ed.

Roz's post is the sticky at the top of the page, where attila has recorded it to be played at the funeral, and will dedicate it at his gigs.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Is there any way of setting up a communal online NSC donation? I'm totally incompetent in IT matters but would certainly donate if I could.

If not I have already got an addressed envelope for a cheque but we live in these here modern times - surely someone on NSC could sort this?

I looked at their website & the only way to make direct donations online is by setting up a Sunflower Tribute Fund on behalf of the hospice (they will send out a donation envelope for those who wish to donate by cheque etc, but you'd have to ask them for one).

So presumably it's perfectly do-able to set up one of these tribute pages- doesn't look all that difficult to do, but I'd prefer to know Ed's family were OK with something along those lines before we went marching in :)

sleepytom

Feb 3, 2004
marine parade
Just wanted to add my thanks to everyone on this thread. Reading all the comments here has been amazing and it's so touching to know how loved and respected my dad was by NSC and the wider Seagulls community.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Sorry to hear of your sad loss.RIP,Lord Bracknell :down:

Vicar!

Jul 22, 2003
Worthing
Ros and I send our condolences of course. Sadly we won't be able to make the funeral due to prior commitments we cannot change. As I have said before it was an honour and a absolute privilege to get to know him and enjoy putting the world to rights.

D

Deleted User X18H

Sincere condolences and best wishes to all Ed's family.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Will raise a glass for Ed on Friday Roz. Sadly didn't know him as well as I would have liked but had a few interesting chats with him. I admired his knowledge of all things Sussex.

RIP Ed and love to you and your family Roz.

Mac xx

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
Thanks again for lovely words. Much looking forwards to seeing those of you who can make it. What would be lovely is that if any of you have any pictures of Ed that you'd like to share, you could email them to me - rozbassford@gmail.com - so that we can print them out and make a display board for Friday. I'd also confirm that after the funeral, we'll have a refreshing gathering at The Ram and later in the day, a very informal 'do' back at the house.

The Firle Estate have kindly provided us with parking and I attach a map of where it is. On turning off the A27 drive to the gates of Firle Park (rather than going down into the centre of the village) and go along the drive to where another sign will direct you to the parking area. There will be a marshal on the gate to the parking area as there are livestock in the Park.
MapforGrace.jpg

Last edited:

PWA

European Tour 2023/24
Jul 23, 2011
West Sussex
Thank you so much for your kind thoughts and wishes which have really cheered us at this sad time.

Ed's funeral will be at 2pm on Friday 4th August in Firle Church. The family would love to see everyone there - no dress code, and no formal flowers, please, but if you would like to bring small home-made posies or garlands that would be nice. Donations in Ed's memory are invited to St Peter and St James' Hospice: please send to Grace Independent Funeral Directors, 74 Springett Ave, Ringmer, Lewes BN8 5QX.

Roz

Thinking of you Roz.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Is that parking by the cricket ground roz?

Laura and I are both hoping to get there.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Will have room in my car for up to three people if anyone needs a lift from Brighton. I will be leaving the Old Steine at 1.00 pm. Please PM me if you would like me to pick you up anywhere along the route from Old Steine or anywhere along the A27. If I don't answer your PM by midnight tonight, it means that on a first come, first served basis, I've got a full car.

I looked at their website & the only way to make direct donations online is by setting up a Sunflower Tribute Fund on behalf of the hospice (they will send out a donation envelope for those who wish to donate by cheque etc, but you'd have to ask them for one).

So presumably it's perfectly do-able to set up one of these tribute pages- doesn't look all that difficult to do, but I'd prefer to know Ed's family were OK with something along those lines before we went marching in :)

If you scroll to the bottom of their website there are other "online" options including "Just Giving" if like me you are not currently in the UK and access to cheque book. You can also apply " Gift Aid" if eligible so that the taxman chips in as well for this very worthy cause.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
If you scroll to the bottom of their website there are other "online" options including "Just Giving" if like me you are not currently in the UK and access to cheque book. You can also apply " Gift Aid" if eligible so that the taxman chips in as well for this very worthy cause.

Thanks for this - even someone as poor at IT as me should be able to sort this out and Gift Aid as well!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here