Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ed Bassford - Lord Bracknell

Virgo's Haircut

Resident Train Guru
Jul 5, 2003
On a train...
Such awful news. I have known Ed for many years. His kindness giving me lift to away games, and his tales of all things football will never be forgotten.

The trip I had with Ed and others to New York to meet the youngsters the REMF supported will never be forgotten.

RIP Lord B, you were one in a million.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Never met Ed, no idea who he is or the work he put in to saving the Albion, sorry.
What i do know is that his Avatar is one of the few I know by sight, was that him or just a picture? When I posted something he would always come back with sensible answers or suggestions. For being a good guy on NSC I will miss him.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Very sorry to learn this news.

It seemed to me that if there was some sort of campaign activity going on, Ed was one of the people you just knew would be there..

RIP Lord B

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I like the photo the club tweeted, of Ed raising a glass of champagne to celebrate promotion this season. Fitting.

Agree with you 100%. Though the Albion to Ed meant far far more than the Premier League, the Amex and the current sponsor and logo, as I'm sure you'd agree. Hopefully room for both photos in the Man City programme, if not on the big screens.

Poppett63

Jul 16, 2011
image.jpeg

The last time I saw the noble Lord was at the Victory Parade. A proper Albion person through and through. Remember delivering Seagulls Party leaflets for him when he stood for Lewes District Council

I am very sad but will raise a glass of Harvey's to him soon.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Genuinely one of the most honest, decent and all round nicest blokes I've ever met. Sleep well my friend.
Thoughts are with Roz and all his family

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Whilst we are much poorer for his passing, we are all much richer for him being in our lives.

Im so proud to have worked with him for many years.

Christopher wren at st pauls and richard russell (the founder of brighton as a seaside resort) bit have the legend 'if you seek his monument, look around you'. On 12th august we can all look around the falmer stadium and think that of Ed

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Eliot's closing words of Middlemarch apply so well. "...for the growing good of the world is partly dependent on unhistoric acts; and that things are not so ill with you and me as they might have been, is half owing to the number who lived faithfully a hidden life, and rest in unvisited tombs."

The growing good of the Albion owes so much to Ed

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Such sad news. I saw on Twitter earlier and he was one of the very few posters on here that I would recognise despite never having met him properly

RIP Ed, thank you for everything you have done for our club.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
RIP. Remember meeting up with Ed when one of his leaflet distributions took place, in I believe I remember correctly, Ringmer. He organised us troups and I know most of the residents we met said they wanted the new stadium and Lewes LDC were wrong in trying to block the plans. Top man.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here