Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Friendly v Norwich

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Albion (4-4-1-1): Ryan; Bruno, Dunk, Duffy, Suttner; March, Stephens, Kayal, Murphy; Gross; Murray. #bhafc

And there's our challenge (I know we'll sign more players).

Need a speedier RB
Murphy wasn't a first pick in the Championship
Striker light

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
The fact that this is highly likely to be the side we start against City with and probably most of the early season games is a frightening thought. We're going to get destroyed.

I fear you're probably right. Unless we seriously strengthen the squad over the next 2-3 weeks we are going to regret it. That squad would struggle to make the top 6 in the championship let alone stay in the Premier League. We are just not strong enough.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I fear you're probably right. Unless we seriously strengthen the squad over the next 2-3 weeks we are going to regret it. That squad would struggle to make the top 6 in the championship let alone stay in the Premier League. We are just not strong enough.
That squad is better than the one that got over 180 points in 2 seasons. It would not struggle to be top 6 in the championship.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England

There's a slight flaw in this statement....

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Who knows if your comment re the Premier League is right, we will see. But not top 6 in the championship? Did I imagine we finished 2nd last year and that has been added to?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I can't see this as foregone at all!? Not even the 4-4-1-1. If we play 4-2-3-1 (possible) I could see the experienced Rosenior &/or Sidwell getting a start. Your choice only has Murray with Premier League experience.

PS: Just seen the line-up: 7m7 minutes ago
More
Albion (4-4-1-1): Ryan; Bruno, Dunk, Duffy, Suttner; March, Stephens, Kayal, Murphy; Gross; Murray. #bhafc

I think this is the best line up if all players are at their best.

What without knocky? You buffoon

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

And there's our challenge (I know we'll sign more players).

Need a speedier RB
Murphy wasn't a first pick in the Championship
Striker light

Knocky would be in for Murphy if fit, and hopefully the possible incoming Czech lad is the speedy RB. We're not too far away. Striker still needed of course.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
The only difference for me would be Brown for Murphy with what we currently have available. Still looks light in premier league terms for me and Naylor saying it may be close to the starting line-up come 12th August isn't great.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
What was the result last year at Carrow Rd in the league?

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Knocky would be in for Murphy if fit, and hopefully the possible incoming Czech lad is the speedy RB. We're not too far away. Striker still needed of course.

It's been 3 months since we achieved promotion and it's been obvious since then that we need a top quality striker. How much longer do we need? We can't say we don't have the money now.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

Couldn't Be Hyypia

NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset

Take your point about AK, but then Murphy would be a fall back position. Still too thin for me. I agree we're not far off, but that line up also clearly shows that we have some way to go. I'm not one of the panic squad - just pointing out that our weaknesses look pretty clear now.

Personally very optimistic about the coming season.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
It's been 3 months since we achieved promotion and it's been obvious since then that we need a top quality striker. How much longer do we need? We can't say we don't have the money now.

You say this as if the Albion have simply sat back and ignored the need for a striker. I would imagine they have been trying very hard to get someone in, wouldn't you? Again and again it has been explained why player availability can change late in the window - so we're in the same place as many.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here