Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oumar niasse

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Mirror journo Alan Nixon sceptical . Thinks other deals are being worked on but "proving difficult" (Delaney ? , Lawrence ?)
via: https://twitter.com/reluctantnicko

nicko.jpg

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
In reality he's been saying a lot of nothing about us this window

He's right either way. If we spend decent money, there you go he was right.

If we don't, ah yes he did say it was proving difficult though.

If he is legitimately correct, then I am glad he is not specifying the targets though I don't see much reason for him to do this.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
In reality he's been saying a lot of nothing about us this window

True but like the few who are actually talking to Hughton etc, club sources has reported the shocking news that a) the club are working on various targets b) prepared to spend a fair bit to land em. c) negotiating is hard.

Hard to believe i know. but probably more likely than the arguments i'm hearing on here that the club are
a) saving the Prem money for a rainy day
b) not that bothered
c) happy with the existing squad.
d) have given up as its August, and as we all know its far too late to buy players in August as relegation is already confirmed because the new signings won't have played v Crawley in a pre-season friendly.
e) Simply out of their depth compared to those operators up at the John Smiths stadium.

Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα

If he is legitimately correct, then I am glad he is not specifying the targets though I don't see much reason for him to do this.

True but like the few who are actually talking to Hughton etc, club sources has reported the shocking news that a) the club are working on various targets b) prepared to spend a fair bit to land em. c) negotiating is hard.

Hard to believe i know. but probably more likely than the arguments i'm hearing on here that the club are
a) saving the Prem money for a rainy day
b) not that bothered
c) happy with the existing squad.
d) have given up as its August, and as we all know its far too late to buy players in August as relegation is already confirmed because the new signings won't have played v Crawley in a pre-season friendly.
e) Simply out of their depth compared to those operators up at the John Smiths stadium.

All true.

I'm not really fussed if he knows or not and I don't feel I need to know who we are after. I just dislike all this intrigue and transfer gossip especially from people in the media who have turned it into an industry quite unrelated to sport.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

Exactly

He is using jargon that a furtune teller on Blackpool seafront would use if a 120 year old man walked in and asked to have his fortune told ''Errrr : I don't see much of a future for you ''

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Can I choose to read it as "we may be going back in for Delaney"?

In reality its smoke & mirrors from a guy who wants to appear to be "in the know"

In my experience, the so-called Boss of Goss knows no more than the average bloke in the pub. It's my impression that TB considers the prices being asked extortionate and refuses to pay ridiculous amounts. And bear in mind that wages, bonuses etc mean that he wants to be sure that we're getting value over the full length of a player's contract.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
In my experience, the so-called Boss of Goss knows no more than the average bloke in the pub. It's my impression that TB considers the prices being asked extortionate and refuses to pay ridiculous amounts. And bear in mind that wages, bonuses etc mean that he wants to be sure that we're getting value over the full length of a player's contract.

In fairness, whilst I agree with what you say, TB has entered into a new world at the top table. Ridiculous sums come INTO the cLub now, and whilst he may think things have gone crazy with fees etc, we cannot claim to be lacking in financial clout... (admittedly we will not complete with the big boys, but we have our own mini league to win to stay up,and to do that will require significant player investment.)If not what's the point in getting into the PL if you never really give it a go?

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Niasse was fairly good for Hull last season, for a spell anyway. I imagine the reason he's not joining them in the Championship is nothing to do with ability and everything to do with the price tag and wages.

Last edited:

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
In fairness, whilst I agree with what you say, TB has entered into a new world at the top table. Ridiculous sums come INTO the cLub now, and whilst he may think things have gone crazy with fees etc, we cannot claim to be lacking in financial clout... (admittedly we will not complete with the big boys, but we have our own mini league to win to stay up,and to do that will require significant player investment.)If not what's the point in getting into the PL if you never really give it a go?
Completely agree. You can't survive in this division on the cheap.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here