Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oumar niasse

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Thought we were buying abroad for price reasons of players in PL

This deal is more like an attempt to profit from an appalling deal done by Everton.

So it'll either be a shrewd move.
Or
The Albion's first 'he must be good because someone else paid a lot of money' vanity signing.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Am I the only one who is underwhelmed by this? Saw him play for Hull last season and wasn't impressed. For me he would be an upgraded version of O'Grady.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Am I the only one who is underwhelmed by this? Saw him play for Hull last season and wasn't impressed. For me he would be an upgraded version of O'Grady.

Its not terribly exciting granted, but not sure Ogrady would have scored 1 in 3 for Hull in the Premier League last season...

Just another rumour as it stands, I am hoping for better but if this is all we could get i would not be overly dissapointed if thefee was reasonable or it was a loan

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

I just don't see CH sanctioning a deal that involves x millions £££'s and a fancy dan from somewhere hot.
It just isn't his style.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Would take this guy on loan all day long but we better not spend money on him !

Sent from my SM-G9350 using Tapatalk

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
Looking at u tube vids, which make players look world class, he looks like a head down and run merchant and relies on getting lucky bounces off other players. Certainly not an upgrade on Murray except maybe pace. Rather have Ulloa back.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007

I quite liked him for Hull actually but he isn't the type I was expecting us to sign. I can see the logic, particularly if we are planning to play primarily with 1 up top.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Just this one time I might be okay with this being true :lolol:

Niasse in Huddersfield talks!

That said I guess he wouldnt be expensive unless Everton really want him rotting on the bench for their u23's for another 3 years.
Not going to be fit though is he as he hasn't been doing preseason with either their first team or junior squads. Wont be match fit or available for games for at least a month or so which might screw up any possible move on for Hemed this side of January.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Looking at his stats I would be more worried about his fitness record than anything. He seems to score a few and 1 in 4 in effectively his first season in English football last term isn't bad at all but his entire career seems to be stop start and most seasons under 20 appearances. The recruitment team have clearly seen something they like and the boy does have pace which we clearly lack but it's not the sort of signing to get you excited.

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
Everyone banging on about stats is only looking at goals to game ratio,

Baldock goal to game ratio in Championship is 1 goal every 4.3 games but most clubs would snap your arm off for him because of what else he brings.

Don't be so quick to judge a forward based on their goals, he did play for Hull after all and they were SHITE.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Baldock goal to game ratio in Championship is 1 goal every 4.3 games but most clubs would snap your arm off for him because of what else he brings.

A private healthcare plan?

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
I would like him here, watching some YouTube clips (Yeah, I know) he seems like he would be able to stretch teams, seems strong and works hard. Having Murray as a lone front man will mean we will have to play a completely different style.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here