Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oumar niasse

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Allegedly (according to the media), Niasse was demanding £80,000 per week from Brighton and Palace, when we courted him. At a time when £45,000 per week was our PL ceiling. The club therefore followed their usual routine in looking for 'value' on the continent.

I do realise that £80,000 for a striker banging in goals would be patently better than Locadia achieving nothing on £40,000. But at that point Winstanley thought Locadia would be a success to help keep us up.

I would assume that because the club in August 2017 and January 2018 had no certainty of PL football beyond a single season, they were determined not make the mistakes of other clubs in going down with huge onerous contracts on the books.

The club appear to be running the ship not just for financial prudence, but for dressing room harmony and team spirit. The moment you bring in someone on twice as much as everyone else, is the moment your team spirit can collapse. As an example if Benteke came in and was earning twice as much as you for half the effort and contribution, you'd be a bit WTF. However, in keeping with analogies up the road, as a team mate you know Mr Tumble is turning you into a mid table team from a relegation threatened one on his own, so if he's earning twice as much, you're probably glad all over you have him.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Could do a job…

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
The £13.5M Everton spunked on him in 2016 was just a warm up to the SPAFF FEST which brought them to their 10 point penalty.
Cum again?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here