Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oumar niasse

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Ah I see, thought you meant saving a million for Chuba was a shrewd move.

Well I'm always told on here we're good at bluffing in the transfer market as Tony is a good poker player. Lets hope this extended bluff pays off and some other team don't just swoop in and nab him.

He cant feel very wanted by us during all this bluffing (dithering) so wouldn't be surprised if he did stick two fingers up on Thursday and move to Palace :rolleyes:

Why do you think it's as simple as 'we bid, they accept, he signs' - it's known that Everton are looking for another striker at the moment, if not two - so selling one (however out of favour) wouldn't be the best idea if they can't strengthen.
For all we know, things could be all initially agreed but they won't allow him to leave until they have cover. It's a standard process to follow. Even if this takes months, it wouldn't be our "bluffing", it's just the chain happening. It's acceptable when you move house (or at least a necessary evil lots of times) so why should it be different with footballers?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Cardiff turn down enquiry from Everton for Zohore holding out for £30m. This one must be off the table at that price.

No chance they will get that. Love to see Cardiff start to wobble.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
No chance they will get that. Love to see Cardiff start to wobble.

Mmm, not sure they would now, top of the table, no real time to replace........its hard to get a striker apparently.

I think only stupid money would do it now.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Why do you think it's as simple as 'we bid, they accept, he signs' - it's known that Everton are looking for another striker at the moment, if not two - so selling one (however out of favour) wouldn't be the best idea if they can't strengthen.
For all we know, things could be all initially agreed but they won't allow him to leave until they have cover. It's a standard process to follow. Even if this takes months, it wouldn't be our "bluffing", it's just the chain happening. It's acceptable when you move house (or at least a necessary evil lots of times) so why should it be different with footballers?

If you do bid and the club accepts then what usually follows is..........he signs.

What you're suggesting is we bid, they've said we'll let you know IF WE GET another striker.

What is also being suggested is Everton are happy to sell but want £10mill. We've said, you must be joking, we'd like to rent him, have a little look, try before we buy.

On the other hand he might be a red herring and we're after someone completely different .

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I want to know why he only played 5 games for Everton after a big transfer fee. Then Koeman names him in 25man squad in Sept and by October he is training with the U23s and his personal locker had been revoked. Add to that, he has had an assault charge against him and I'm not altogether sure, he is the answer to out prays. But with just over 48hrs till deadline and 1 fit striker at club. I guess we are royally f##ked and everyone's asking price had gone up 50% when it's Brighton on the phone. What an absolute cock up and shambles.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
What you're suggesting is we bid, they've said we'll let you know IF WE GET another striker.

Yeah, that's not unusual. For what everyone is saying that could also be what we are doing with Hemed - it's also what we poss did with Ince (making sure we have the appropriate cover in midfield before letting him go). We don't know how long and how many clubs these 'chains' involve, it could be one, it could be 3 or 4.

Take Keita, the kid who has joined Liverpool. He's not joining til next year - allowing his 'old' club the chance to get in a suitable replacement before he leaves them.

I want to know why he only played 5 games for Everton after a big transfer fee. Then Koeman names him in 25man squad in Sept and by October he is training with the U23s and his personal locker had been revoked. Add to that, he has had an assault charge against him and I'm not altogether sure, he is the answer to out prays. But with just over 48hrs till deadline and 1 fit striker at club. I guess we are royally f##ked and everyone's asking price had gone up 50% when it's Brighton on the phone. What an absolute cock up and shambles.

Ah, a negative thread. Surprised we hadn't seen you pop up in it before.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Well why don't you stump up some facts then.

I'm all ears.

Just like everyone else on here, I don't know the facts, which means I am not qualified to criticise ... or praise. Perhaps it's your arrogance that makes you feel justified in criticising without knowing anything about what the club's efforts have been in the transfer market.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Really. ? There have been multiple stories saying we were in for him from mid July onwards .
in The Argus, The Sun, The Mail, Liverpool Echo, Mirror etc.
And confirmed by Naylor who has only confirmed a handful of targets all summer.

I have a feeling that out of everyone on this and other striker threads you seem to summarise the synopsis on the striker targets possibly very logically; that said and I don't know because I don't read Andy Naylor's columns but he only jumped on the ''tailcoats'' of this one in recent weeks.

Lets assume I know nothing because I really don't except for a minor thing here and there - I come to a similar but not exact synopsis as yourself. To do that you just look at the facts. Two striker targets got close to completion in that they got to getting to a medical. There are two more that we know of which are simmering. One a loan and one a potential permanent signing. I would assume that there were at lest another 2 or 3 that fell at earlier hurdle. That makes 6 or 7 in total.

Logic, common sense and s tiny bit of knowledge of how things work behind the scenes would tell me that all 7 were probably genuine at inception in equal measure, and as soon as 2 or 3 of them were over the line then business would have been concluded and interest in the remainder would have been disbanded.

The failed medicals probably prolonged this and the fact that Everton want money from a sale rather than a loan to help fund their new striker have no doubt dragged this one out. My summary of this does not come from any major insider knowledge; however, like your own summaries earlier on this and other threads I think have a ''common sense'' ring to them

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Blues reluctant to sanction another loan for Senegal striker and want permanent departure
But the Blues are now keen to get Niasse off their wage bill and are demanding a fee of around £10million for the 27-year-old.
Brighton would prefer a season-long loan move with a view to a permanent move after pulling the plug on a move for FC Zurich striker Raphael Dwamena after the Ghanaian failed a medical.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/everton-want-10m-oumar-niasse-13546014

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
It's probably just wishful thinking, but there is something about his story that just says 'Brighton' to me:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/oct/11/everton-oumar-niasse-ronald-koeman-roberto-martinez

Looking at the goals he scored for Hull last year they seem to mainly be through breakaways. He doesn't look a tidy player, but he does look strong and quick. He could be a good fit with the style we want to play. The details about his time in Russia suggest that he has belief and determination and the time at Everton doesn't seem to have shaken his faith. He had enough about him for Everton to invest a lot of money and there is always a chance that he could regain the form that sent him on a prolific run for Lokomotiv.

The potential 'back from the brink' story that could come if he came here and flourished excites my Albion romantic streak. Cue the picture of him holding up a Palace shirt.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here