Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kids Kit - Without Sponsor

Fungus

NSC Patreon
May 21, 2004
Truro
Shame it doesn't include the XL Youth size, which just fits me!

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
This version is so damn cute

mini_540x540_w.jpg

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Each to their own, but my 6 year old football-mental nephew (and my own kids when they were that age) would HATE that.

In fact he'd flatly refuse to put that on his birthday list. Its not the 'real' kit that the players wear.

Exactly what I was about to say. Most kids won't be in the "hate the sponsor" camp of cynical older men, they'll want to wear what the players wear. And it seems they can't.

How difficult is it for the club to get the whole kit thing right?

Very difficult with Nike, verging on impossible, it seems.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Each to their own, but my 6 year old football-mental nephew (and my own kids when they were that age) would HATE that.

In fact he'd flatly refuse to put that on his birthday list. Its not the 'real' kit that the players wear.

Yep, agree. My son would want a kit like mine. It looks like a knock-off. I absolutely love the home kit this year and was looking forward to him having the same one.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Perhaps the club could provide an additional iron-on transfer? /irony

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Think it looks good without sponsor for the tiny kids, as otherwise it takes up whole chest, but after about age of 4 or 5 they'll want to look the same as the players do.

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
Think it looks good without sponsor for the tiny kids, as otherwise it takes up whole chest, but after about age of 4 or 5 they'll want to look the same as the players do.

Agreed. I brought my 3 year old the mini kit, and he loves it, mainly because right now he wants to just look like his older brother! However, my 6 year old wanted the exact same kit as the players so brought him the 8-10 year old kit, luckily it comes up quite small and fits him pretty well!

Additionally I would have thought that American Express might have something to say about missed opportunities for branding..

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
it looks knock off and at £35/£40 its totally over priced

To be fair, that £40 does include shorts and socks.

If your kid doesn't fit in the £40 6-7 y-o kit you're looking at £68 for the next size up with the shirt at £37, shorts at £18 and socks at £13.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
To be fair, that £40 does include shorts and socks.

If your kid doesn't fit in the £40 6-7 y-o kit you're looking at £68 for the next size up with the shirt at £37, shorts at £18 and socks at £13.

but it does look fake

elninobonito

Whitehawk Born and Bred
May 27, 2011
Thing is, my now 3 year old has the first Nike kit with sponsor that we managed to buy from the club so why the change?

He wants the same as daddy and he's only 3!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here