Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ulloa anyone?

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
I have idly thought of him this Summer... he was certainly good for us last time and would cheer the crowd...
Hemed or Ulloa? The ages are similar and when he played regularly for City he scored Premier goals.
I am of the view that Hemed will be good in the Prem and he "deserves his chance". But if Tomer wants to go and we need a replacement than Leo is the obvious first choice....

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Totally agree but it's the aged old question, is he good enough for the massive step up against some of the best defenders in the world?
We don't know, I hope the club do.

I don't think anyone know the answer to that until he is tried at that level.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
If recent reports of 5 mil offers for Hemed are to be believed I would be more than happy to see Ulloa take his place. If the option is there to sell Hemed and bring in Ulloa for a similar amount then it's a no brainer!

No disrespect to Hemed, but Ulloa is a far better player in my view.

Tend to agree with this. Ulloa has proven premier league experience.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Hemed is the highest scorer in the Amex time, taking over from Barnes. Why would we sell him?
He deserves to have a go in the Prem.

True... but he is into the last year of his deal, and if he is not going to sign a new deal then flogging him for anyhting over 5 million lets say makes some sort of sense..

Hemed is not like the Stephens scenario in that we simply could not do without him, losing Hemed would not decide how our season pans out as it were.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I think if hemed was offloaded to reading, then I could see the sense of replacining him with a similar type of player.

If he did come back, who would change the song?

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
Might be in a minority but I prefer Hemed to Ulloa. Hemed is almost as good in the, certainly when heading on goal, plus he's definitely more agile. Ulloa always seemed a little ponderous to me and he's three years older now too..

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ulloa scored 1 Premier League goal last season, only playing in 16 matches.

His overall Premier League record is:-

Squad: 98, Starting eleven: 39, Substituted in: 43, On the bench: 16, Suspended: 0, Injured: 4, goals: 18.

Any player on this planet who hadn't played for the Albion (because their other players on Earth) with that record would be getting dogs abuse from NSC. As would Winstanley and naturally Barber-out.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that Hemeds weakness is his ability to win the ball in the air to hold up play and lay it off. Ulloa is far better but as much as I would like to see Ulloa back, especially if Hemed was to leave, I do not believe that he would be a good signing at the kind of price Leicester will want. Sunderland apparently offered £7m which was turned down for various reasons but a club in Spain has offered £2m I read but that was also turned down.

MrSnuggles

Apr 29, 2016
I'm sure Ulloa is desperate for regular football. If Chris is looking to improve the squad and also someone who fits in, then Leo would be the sort of player that we need. Whether that's a replacement for Hemed or an addition to the squad. The squad would stronger with him in it.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Too similar to what we have, but he has proven he can do it at this level and in a struggling team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Yes good player and would fit in to the squad, however my little niggle against him is that have we forgotten how he would go missing in a game if things were not going his way and the way he would throw his hands up in their when the ref would not give a decision his way while sulking about on the pitch sometimes not seeming interested add that to him throwing his toys outta the pram last year and its a...................... Nope

Something Hemed has over him, so stick with Hemed and his penalties.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Loving the way it's as simple as selling Hemed for £5m and spending that on Ulloa.

Does that mean Leo will happily sign for the value of a 1 year championship contract.
I'd have thought 31 year old Leo would be looking for a minimum of 3 years Premier League contract, and I get the feeling there's a difference in money, between the two.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here