Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ulloa anyone?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
In true NSC manner, the Ulloa option has been linked to Hemed. Well here's the thing or things:

Hughton says he wants ANOTHER no 9.
Hemed hasn't indicated he wants to go.
Hughton says Hemed is going nowhere.
Hughton says he wants Internationals in his team. Hemed is, Leo isn't.

If these are true, the question of Leo coming is unrelated to Tomer, Murray or anyone else unles it's how they might play together or Leo fit in to the squad.

The Hemed and Murray partnership didn't work in the Championship so no reason to expect it will work in the Prem.

I can't see Ulloa and Hemed working for similar reasons.

I don't see that having all 3 striker makes sense either - none of them are particularly fast. You obviously keep Murray because he is better than Hemed. People say we need a pacy striker but if you already have pace down the flanks and box to box midfielders then what you really need is a striker with positional sense who can finish.

I think Murray will do OK, but whereas we used to get a good 70-75 mins out of him I fancy in the Prem we'll be lucky to get 65 mins, and that means no target man for 25 mins. If we're hanging onto a 1-0 lead we'll need that outlet up top and - for me - that is Hemed's biggest weakness.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I don't understand how posters can guarantee Tomer 'just won't get the game time' and yet Leo would.

I get that you're saying Murray is the main man, so as that's the case why would Ulloa suddenly get game time that wouldn't be available to Hemed?

You can't have it both ways, esp when talking about 3 very similar footballers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here