Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Campsites in Sussex

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Camping used to be the cheaper option, plus you are surrounded by your own stuff. Site owners seem to be pricing themselves out of existence. Hineys is a nice reasonable site, Bevendean Farm, really £15 per person, no wonder the travellers camp for free in the Parks.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Could try Sumners pond,near Barnes green ,just off the A24,cracking place with a really good bar and restaurant,the shower blocks are a really high standard.
About a 30 minute drive from Brighton.

exeterseagull

May 19, 2008
exeter
Thanks for the great recommendations so far, am checking them out now. Yes, it's a tent with my lad who is 14. He loves his camping trips but guess as the inner teenager comes out, the enjoyment will diminish, especially if it's just with his Dad !! so, want to make the most of the next one or two and culminating in his first Amex visit should make this a special one

D

Deleted member 2719

Did a weekend with [MENTION=236]Papa Lazarou[/MENTION], his family and another family here: http://www.scotts-farm-camping.co.uk/ and we'd not booked in advance.

Lovely big site, decent facilities and just a short walk to the beach at Wittering.

I'd go back.

Great site i went there as a kid about 43 years ago and had some girl, declaring her undying love for me.

Let me tell you that was a great escape, as i still know of her!!

Which beach did you go to East or West Wittering beach?

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
I'm not much help with the camping thing, but I'd say that if you are Corfe Castle/Swanage way, I'd definitely throw in a trip to Durdle Door/Lulworth. Yes, it's touristy, but DD and the beach on the other side are stunning. As it's 'sister' stack in Malta collapsed into the sea, it must only be a matter of time before it's at risk too. Get there whilst you still can.

There's also loads of campsites on the coast between Lyme Regis and Portland. Not sure on the ability to just rock up though. Very worth it if you can. There's family friendly pubs everywhere too, so he can have some qualify bonding time with the old man too!

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
There's some good campsites in the New Forest, but you'll need to book there for August. I always used Ashurst as there's a pub on site (and a train station, though I doubt that would be a consideration for most). Probably expensive now, though.

Also in the New Forest area, friends of mine always swear by Sandy Ball's, but I've not been myself.

I've also camped at Tom's Field at Swanage (mentioned earlier by [MENTION=2349]Skaville[/MENTION] )when climbing down there and it's handy for walking and going into town, too.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Camping & Caravanning is not my bag at least not for a weeks holiday, but I do get it especially with kids, but I wouldn't mind trying a bit of Glamping, there are some beauties in Devon & Cornwall, anyone been? What's that like then?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here