Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wells?

Conelli98

Dec 18, 2016
This time last year we would of been linked with Wells but a year on not even mentioned by any of us! Reading reportedly lining up a £10m bid and Huddersfield ready to listen to offers. I wonder if Brown will be last attacking player bought in this window and CH will wait to see how the land lies come Jan. I guess if we are top 6 by then he will dabble again in the market? UTA

LondonTown

Mar 13, 2017
Reading are rumoured to be interested in Wells. Hudds may let him go for the right offer, because he is behind Depoitre and Mounie in the pecking order, and he has just one year left on his contract. Hudds fans have mixed feelings about him. They appreciate his work ethic, but he was not prolific in front of goal.

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
We were looking at him a year ago as a Championship striker. Now we're looking at PL level strikers. £10m is a big chunk of money to pay. If Hudds are willing to let him go, it suggests they don't think he can cut it at PL level. Why should we be any different?

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
This time last year we would of been linked with Wells but a year on not even mentioned by any of us! Reading reportedly lining up a £10m bid and Huddersfield ready to listen to offers. I wonder if Brown will be last attacking player bought in this window and CH will wait to see how the land lies come Jan. I guess if we are top 6 by then he will dabble again in the market? UTA

Top six :ohmy:

Fffsake :moo:

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
All day long. Just the type of forward needed to compliment existing forwards.
He must have told them he was not signing extension.
However we only do "value for money"..so would baulk at fee.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
God no. Do we really want to go down ?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The last thing we want to do is boost Huddersfield's coffers by signing one of their cast offs.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
If its him or nothing then of course would take as we are lacking numbers and options.

He'd get a few in the prem and could help cover things.

I hope we are going to get something far better though so at the moment I'd keep my powder dry

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm surprised the OP didn't go for the double:-

Cardiff City manager Neil Warnock says "a couple" of clubs have shown interest in winger Craig Noone, 29, this summer, but there has been no contact for any of his other players. (Wales Online)

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Top 6?! You can tell its the summer holidays

Conelli98

Dec 18, 2016
I'm surprised the OP didn't go for the double:-

Cardiff City manager Neil Warnock says "a couple" of clubs have shown interest in winger Craig Noone, 29, this summer, but there has been no contact for any of his other players. (Wales Online)

Never bring back old players...there are other players in the world...time to move on...like going back to an old flame!!! Oh yes Bring back Barnes...I remember now! Sorry got to go fishing now xxx

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
From limited observation I think you need to adopt a playing style specifically to suit Wells as he needs freedom to find space but contribute relatively little to build up or defence.Wagner wants everyone channelling back and rotating positions (much as Hughton). As a result someone like Wells can become a source of frustration and hard to fit in to a team structure no matter he has an undoubted ability to score goals.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Another disappointed, I thought might be about the home T20 game against Middlesex tomorrow with Wells selected for some reason

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
All day long. Just the type of forward needed to compliment existing forwards.
He must have told them he was not signing extension.
However we only do "value for money"..so would baulk at fee.

We can't afford for players to stand around clapping and cheering their fellow players.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here