Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does anyone have the stats for championship promoted team spend

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Surely meaningless if you don't take into account wages, time left on contracts, etc.

Not meaningless but obviously caveated. I don't think promoted teams are known for splashing out on big contracts. I could be wrong of course.....

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I don't think it's that big a gamble we have picked up 180 odd points in 2 seasons plenty of people are underestimating the strength and quality of our squad 2-3 players in and we will compete with most teams

Think this is the way I see it too.

Thinking back to last year, if we had played our full strength team in an FA Cup match against a full strength Premier opposition, how many teams would we have been running scared of, outside of the top 6.

They are the games we need to win this season. The results against Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Man United, Tottenham and Liverpool are almost irrelevant, as long as we compete against the rest like I am sure we can.

Of course new additions will be welcomed with open arms, but the lack of isn't the harbinger of doom...

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Not meaningless but obviously caveated. I don't think promoted teams are known for splashing out on big contracts. I could be wrong of course.....

It is meaningless if the transfer window is still open!

If you are going to do it properly you need to check at what date in the transfer window money was spend (over previous years) .

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Wages should definitely be brought in.

Cue another helpful table from @El Pres?

You rang m'lud?

The one that stands out is QPR. Their wage bill was higher in the Championship than in the Premier League the following season, BUT THAT DOES NOT MEAN THAT THEY ARE A BUNCH OF CHEATING CJTC's NECESSARILY (just in case their very expensive, and very aggressive, lawyers, who are trying to have FFP deemed illegal, are watching).

Promoted Clubs Wage to Income increases 2012-15.JPG

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here