Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is the Dress, sorry Sleeves gold or green or black or university yellow ?

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Agreed - I'm not sure what all the negativity is about, having picked up the 'home'shirt this morning, I really want this away shirt now too! (with its black and gold stripped sleeves!)
Me too, although I haven't yet picked my home shirt up (doing so in just over two hours). Is the shop busy? Did it appear that they had a decent stock of the away shirt (as the Royal Blood video clearly states it is...)?

Daddies_Sauce

Falmer WSL, not a JCL
Jun 27, 2008
Me too, although I haven't yet picked my home shirt up (doing so in just over two hours). Is the shop busy? Did it appear that they had a decent stock of the away shirt (as the Royal Blood video clearly states it is...)?

The shop was OK with 3 or 4 always waiting to pay at the tills whilst we were there (we pre-ordered but then I decided to have the PL badges and have it printed, so queued to pay for that). I'm sure they would have enough stock, not sure why the club did not go for extended opening on release day, would have thought the demand would have been there to make it worth while.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007

All those theories about it being seen as more aggressive and so on, yet no mention that red may just catch the eye more easily as it's less commonly found in nature so it draws the eye to it and you notice it sooner. (football teams, etc... would benefit as team mates could spot their team mates quicker and that could help them to break faster or they are able to see a pass that could open up the opposition earlier due to one of their players making a run and so on)

Daddies_Sauce

Falmer WSL, not a JCL
Jun 27, 2008
Have they taken the hint and removed them then?��

Opps typo, but then we all make them "Ah, when I were a lad the Supporters Club were the only people doing merchandise, although I don't think the word had been invesnted then."

Clearly meant to say striped. :albion2:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Now is the time for marketing,
The new shirts don't 'alf look gay,
Bark at the man called Barber,
It's his or the auld highway,

So let the tils ring, my boys,
And give your cash to me,
'Cause our left back's Bong, and he won't move on,
Cough up, I'll take your pee...

:)

Anger

Jul 21, 2017
It looks blue and black to me.

I don't see colour.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
How on earth did we get promoted, then? What colour do Chelsea, Leicester and Manchester City play in?

11 league titles between them...:eek:

How many league titles have there been, 125 since the league formally started in 1892? Man Utd, Liverpool and Arsenal have won 51 between them. If you take Villa and Burnley claret as red, add Sunderland that is another 15 titles, so 66 (53%)....then you take out the whites, Leeds 3, Spurs & Derby 2, Wolves orange 3, Barcodes 4, that's a further 14, so 80 – is that 45 out of 125 titles won by blue teams (36%)? ??? that explains it...:lolol:

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
The away kit seemed to be very popular when I was up there. I really like it in the flesh, and got one of the few remaining ones on the shelves. Think it will be a good one for summer hols.

Such nonsense the club though trying to persist with the "Alternative" tag for this - the promo video called it "Away", the shirt rang through the till (and showed on the receipt) as "Away", and the Nike tag attached to it also calls it "Away".

boik

Never understand why people get so het up about shirts every season. But then I've never bought a replica shirt. Always choose seagulls t-shirts myself. Maybe I'm the weird one? Oh, and I actually like the shirt - for the team to wear.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
The away kit seemed to be very popular when I was up there. I really like it in the flesh, and got one of the few remaining ones on the shelves. Think it will be a good one for summer hols.

Such nonsense the club though trying to persist with the "Alternative" tag for this - the promo video called it "Away", the shirt rang through the till (and showed on the receipt) as "Away", and the Nike tag attached to it also calls it "Away".

Maybe they might just use it as such? As an alternative only when there's a colour clash - and play in the 'home' strip as often as possible, which would be nice. After all, they did this at the back end of last season. Have the club said anything like this at all? (sorry if there's something already elsewhere about this, I don't follow things quite so closely in the summer!)

jimtm69

May 19, 2009
I like it. Think the home shirt is a mess, too much going on.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
11 league titles between them...:eek:

How many league titles have there been, 125 since the league formally started in 1892? Man Utd, Liverpool and Arsenal have won 51 between them. If you take Villa and Burnley claret as red, add Sunderland that is another 15 titles, so 66 (53%)....then you take out the whites, Leeds 3, Spurs & Derby 2, Wolves orange 3, Barcodes 4, that's a further 14, so 80 – is that 45 out of 125 titles won by blue teams (36%)? ??? that explains it...:lolol:

To counter that, taking UEFA's top ten rankings, I think only four of them play in red.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here