Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

women's euros 2017

afters

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
really enjoying this tournament, watched a fair few matches.

one thing that surprises me is the quality (or lack of it) of the passing. too often even best teams put passes way off target.

from what i've seen, england have a very good chance, french struggling and only germany look a major threat....

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
I'll be tuning in for England v Portugal tomorrow evening definitely. Women's football has really come on in leaps and bounds over the last few years, and is now a very entertaining spectacle, not the rather slow and slightly embarrassing thing it once was. England up there with the best (funny it seems to be just the men's senior team failing to produce the goods at the moment). I'll try to get to as many Brighton Women's games as I can this season, I failed miserably to do so last season.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
from what i've seen, england have a very good chance, french struggling and only germany look a major threat....

In which case, another opportunity to make some money at the bookies by betting on England getting knocked out by the Germans on penalties!

afters

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
in action tonight against portugal. should top the group and play against france who scraped through but will be without their stand-out player, big defender with wild hair. otherwise the french looked pretty rubbish and got lucky last night

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
in action tonight against portugal. should top the group and play against france who scraped through but will be without their stand-out player, big defender with wild hair. otherwise the french looked pretty rubbish and got lucky last night

Sounds like Izzy Brown. :eek:

Apart from the defender bit.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I thought we were outclassed by the Spanish, can't see us winning it.

:nono:

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong

The Spanish were easy on the eye (style of football!), but were toothless in attack. Reminded me of Poyets teams in the Championship, possession with no purpose.

Sent from my SM-G9350 using Tapatalk

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit

Only outclassed with possesion. How many times do we see that in mens football, a team with 64% possession but didn't do anything with it. We scored 2 and had a 'good' goal disallowed.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Only outclassed with possesion. How many times do we see that in mens football, a team with 64% possession but didn't do anything with it. We scored 2 and had a 'good' goal disallowed.

Yep! Think of Reading game last year, Reading piddled about passing back and forth, side to side until we nearly fell asleep, but we were kept awake by Brighton's 3 superb goals from three attacks. Reading had 99% (exaggerating a little) possession, it meant nothing.

afters

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
The Spanish were easy on the eye (style of football!), but were toothless in attack. Reminded me of Poyets teams in the Championship, possession with no purpose.

Sent from my SM-G9350 using Tapatalk

agree with that. the spanish, like a good few teams here, but noticeably not england, looked like they could play for hours without scoring

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Anyone see Jermaine Jenas get a mouthful of sprinkler just now!? Clare Balding seemed to think it was funny. No doubt someone will post it on Youtube shortly.

Yes and he got sprayed twice, thought he kept his composure well

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
1-0 England

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'll be tuning in for England v Portugal tomorrow evening definitely. Women's football has really come on in leaps and bounds over the last few years, and is now a very entertaining spectacle, not the rather slow and slightly embarrassing thing it once was. England up there with the best (funny it seems to be just the men's senior team failing to produce the goods at the moment). I'll try to get to as many Brighton Women's games as I can this season, I failed miserably to do so last season.

I said much the same on here about 10 years ago and was utterly flamed, including by @uncle speilburg who, paradoxically, has now had enough of the flaming and cockwombling on here. How times change :O

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here