Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

iFollow not for BHA?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Paul Barber came to a Q&A before our Supporters AGM this evening. I asked him about this. We are still with the Efl, iFollow, because it would cost a few million to set up our own service, which we might do once we've stayed up for a few years
It's on a yearly contract now, not like the previous one which was for 10 years.
There are two different packages, one for EFL clubs and one for Premier League clubs. As AZ has pointed out, this does include the audio commentary, so the person you spoke to, definitely had that wrong.
PB also admitted the friendlies were a complete screw up. Now we're into the season, we should get the interviews, commentary, and highlights as before.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Calling [MENTION=865]clapham_gull[/MENTION].

He has been corresponding a lot with iFollow, so probably can tell us more about what we are entitled to.

See Ask The Club.

I'm probably put a few noses out of joint but it's looking like 2 months free subscription if you signed early for the friendlies.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I signed up to iFollow from here in Mallorca. I presumed we'd be able to listen to the match last Saturday as we could for years before with Seagulls HD and Radio Sussex. The transmission was blocked according to the live chat line. I am now trying to get my 54 Euros back. Does anyone know how/if we can listen to live matches this season?

The audio SHOULD NOT BE blocked. When you sign up it clearly states the service is available abroad and I checked it funnily enough in Majorca.

I also spoke to an ifollow representative who confirmed it would be available for those overseas.

Before you cancel, clarify the situation with the club, not with ifollow who will give you different answers depending on who you talk to.

Then (if you want) await the pending email from ifollow and claim your free 2 months because you have obviously been affected.

Last edited:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Good luck, they have told me NO REFUNDS and have since stopped responding to my emails.

Exactly the same for me. They really are a shower of shit.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Seagulls TV has been absolutely useless. Bought a season pass in July to watch the friendlies as heavily advertised - waste of time. Now when I try to watch highlights of the Manchester City game, it's trying to sell me another season pass. Currently been waiting for a response on live chat for 5 minutes after the guy asked for my email address.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Mine didn't auto renew like it has for years with different companies. Was told rudely on live chat that I need to sign up again and then when I tried it kept reloading the page. Not letting me sign up.

Live chat told me to email them again which I did, heard nothing for an age then got an email saying they will be with me asap.

Then nothing. I kept trying and was finally able to sign up Thursday, then got an email Friday saying I have a current active subscription. Totally ignoring my previous issues.

Useless company, if I hadn't had Seagulls player for years and come used to it I'd tell them where to do one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
OK - so after about 25 minutes of waiting on Live Chat (the first guy just said 'hi' twice in 10 minutes, then disconnected me), it turns out it's my fault for signing up while on holiday, so my subscription will only work in that country. Apparently, it's in the Ts&Cs.

As Greece is a bit of a trek just to listen to/watch something that probably won't be working anyway, and on the basis that most of what they've promised so far hasn't actually been available, I should be getting a full refund. I'll believe it when it happens.

But they denied any knowledge of this plan to give all subscribers a 2 month extension following the summer debacle.

As far as I can make out, unlike most live chat facilities, there is no option to save the conversation at the end - which says a lot about their approach.Copy and Paste works though....

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
OK - so after about 25 minutes of waiting on Live Chat (the first guy just said 'hi' twice in 10 minutes, then disconnected me), it turns out it's my fault for signing up while on holiday, so my subscription will only work in that country. Apparently, it's in the Ts&Cs.

As Greece is a bit of a trek just to listen to/watch something that probably won't be working anyway, and on the basis that most of what they've promised so far hasn't actually been available, I should be getting a full refund. I'll believe it when it happens.

But they denied any knowledge of this plan to give all subscribers a 2 month extension following the summer debacle.

As far as I can make out, unlike most live chat facilities, there is no option to save the conversation at the end - which says a lot about their approach.Copy and Paste works though....

It's hardly worth it but I would ask - How is it then that when you sign up it says "Anywhere in the world" ?

:)

PedroS

Aug 17, 2017
I dunno.

But having your email address as your NSC username is possibly the WORST idea I have seen since that afternoon Chris Hughton called Blackburn and said "that fella Leon Best....can we borrow him for a bit ?"

Thanks. Absolutely correct. I contacted NSC to ask to have it changed. I didn't know how things worked when I signed up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here