Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Danny Ings: Season long loan from Liverpool?

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
If a loan payer gets injured, presumably the club still have to pay his wages as opposed to just sending him back to the parent club?

£60k a week wages may also be a problem. I suspect that Liverpool would expect that to be covered in full.

This is where I imagine the negotiations get tricky. I bet anyone trying to loan him will be trying to get him on a pay per play type loan payment.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I fail to see what risk there is with a loan with an injury return clause. I may be wrong but I thought that you can sign a number of loans but only play 2 or have I misread the ruling.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I fail to see what risk there is with a loan with an injury return clause. I may be wrong but I thought that you can sign a number of loans but only play 2 or have I misread the ruling.
The risk is that the place in the 25 is locked in.

Send him back, fine. But you are not allowed a replacement in the 25 until January. Even if you can find an out of contract striker.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
We would need another Physio or pay out a lot on overtime for the current medical staff! Don't need Fletcher either...we've hardly splashed any real money yet...take the gamble Tony and sign Gray!!! Don't care about his past...what's done is done!
Andre Gray....is he available.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I think we'll end up going for Pat Bamford from Middlesbrough, probably can get him for £5m, a snip in todays market and his wages would probably only be 60-70% of Ings.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The risk is that the place in the 25 is locked in.

Send him back, fine. But you are not allowed a replacement in the 25 until January. Even if you can find an out of contract striker.

Brilliant, isn't it.

No risk at all signing an injured player into a rigid 25 man squad, already containing Baldock, Solly, an aging Murray that's before even mentioning Uwe and his random injuries and the 'oh shite' incidents.

No risk at all. :facepalm:

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Said months ago he is the player I'd like to see us investigate first. He might be massively injury prone but is probably the best player we could realistically sign and the exact type of player we need most.

I trust the club to have seen how obvious this is and whether we sign him or not I'm sure we will have looked at all the details and had the discussions.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Disagree I would sooner have a fit Ings in fact I would put Long in the Leon Best/Obika class.

Just a bizarre comment - sure you can make a case for Ings over Long...it would still be wrong but you are entitled to that preference.

But to class Long alongside Best and Obika... come on, engage the brain a little bit

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here