Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seagulls tv

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Been signed up under the various names for years now I can't log in? It wants me to register.

I emailed them but no response?

Do we have to sign up again? I thought it just rolled into the new one?

Any help please?

Did you change your password in June when iFollow took over? Are you trying on your iPhone as there is a problem with Apple phones at the moment.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Did you change your password in June when iFollow took over? Are you trying on your iPhone as there is a problem with Apple phones at the moment.

Yeah on my phone via the app and safari!

I'll try on a pc later then.

You've already been more tech support then they have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
So that didn't work.

I have managed to speak to someone and they have told me I need to sign up as my account is 'inactive'. It has been on auto renew of 5+ years so why now is it causing me issues. Grrrr.

They said after the migration everyone had to resign up. Is this true?

I'm sure I got an email stating it would just carry over.

Edit - Found the email.

''Please be assured this change will not affect payment arrangements for the service you receive in any way. The only change you will notice is that with effect from 9th of June, we will collect your Direct Debits instead of FL interactive Ltd and therefore our name – EFL Digital Ltd - will appear on your Bank/Building Society statement. ''

They're useless this lot.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
So that didn't work.

I have managed to speak to someone and they have told me I need to sign up as my account is 'inactive'. It has been on auto renew of 5+ years so why now is it causing me issues. Grrrr.

They said after the migration everyone had to resign up. Is this true?

I'm sure I got an email stating it would just carry over.

Edit - Found the email.

''Please be assured this change will not affect payment arrangements for the service you receive in any way. The only change you will notice is that with effect from 9th of June, we will collect your Direct Debits instead of FL interactive Ltd and therefore our name – EFL Digital Ltd - will appear on your Bank/Building Society statement. ''

They're useless this lot.
However on the plus side when you finally get it working you may even be able to watch plenty of live games as I think it was mentioned that overseas subscribers would be able to do this. With the excellent advice on another thread I used the hola VPN extension with chrome to watch the ATM game as it fooled them into thinking I was in the USA :clap:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
However on the plus side when you finally get it working you may even be able to watch plenty of live games as I think it was mentioned that overseas subscribers would be able to do this. With the excellent advice on another thread I used the hola VPN extension with chrome to watch the ATM game as it fooled them into thinking I was in the USA :clap:

No league games, home or away, will be streamed to subscribers regardless of where they live.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
No league games, home or away, will be streamed to subscribers regardless of where they live.
..the overseas "premium" price only appears to have included the Athletico Madrid game. Since this was available on a free to air (i.e. freeview) Spanish channel it was so widely replicated even YouTube had it :)

What I find personally interesting about the debacle is the Norwich game. Not available in the UK apparently unless you were a Brighton fan.

The Norwich site claims EFL broadcasting restrictions, but Brighton not being in the EFL could happily broadcast it

I'm amazed by the amateur approach to everything.

Sent from my LG-K520 using Tapatalk

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
..the overseas "premium" price only appears to have included the Athletico Madrid game.

I don't think there was a premium price. Here in the US it's showing me a subscription price of $57. At current exchange rates that's actually slightly cheaper than the UK price.

I'm assuming a price was fixed a short while ago when the exchange rate was £1 = $1.27ish which equates to £45 five or take.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I don't think there was a premium price. Here in the US it's showing me a subscription price of $57. At current exchange rates that's actually slightly cheaper than the UK price.

I'm assuming a price was fixed a short while ago when the exchange rate was £1 = $1.27ish which equates to £45 five or take.
My point being that me and others were told by ifollow that there a seperate overseas subscription at a HIGHER price :)

I was fishing but that's the advice I was given.

If you want to use Seagulls TV abroad you pay a higher price. So ifs or buts....

As you and I found out you just needed your UK subscription abroad.

Although somebody was specifically told they needed two to watch in the UK and abroad !!

Small issue but opens up wider questions about preparation and competence.

Quite easy to clarify.

1) Seagulls TV includes live audio only commentary (supplied by BBC) available to all subscribers anywhere in the world. This also applies to match highlights, pre match interviews and other content.

2) Brighton being a Premier League side will NOT be able to stream league or cup games abroad via Seagulls TV as EFL teams can do.

3) As part of our deal with Athletico Madrid we were unable to obtain UK streaming rights. If such a situation occurs in the future we will make it clearer on the website that we are unable to stream the game live in the UK particularly if forming part of a promotion to subscribe.

4) Friendlies are not guaranteed as part of the subscription, however as the club advertised them as part of a promotion to subscribe we understand the disappointment at the technical issues beyond our control. We will be offering a two month extension to those affected.

Last edited:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Wasn't there talk about overseas subscribers being able to watch games or was that when we were in the Championship? I know I saw something on here but I guess I am confused. Will have to have a search
Yep. That feature was only for Football League games. PL games are not available.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Very disappointing highlights from the Atletico game - was looking forward to seeing it again.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
My point being that me and others were told by ifollow that there a seperate overseas subscription at a HIGHER price :)

I was fishing but that's the advice I was given.

If you want to use Seagulls TV abroad you pay a higher price. So ifs or buts....

As you and I found out you just needed your UK subscription abroad.

Although somebody was specifically told they needed two to watch in the UK and abroad !!

Small issue but opens up wider questions about preparation and competence.

Quite easy to clarify.

1) Seagulls TV includes live audio only commentary (supplied by BBC) available to all subscribers anywhere in the world. This also applies to match highlights, pre match interviews and other content.

2) Brighton being a Premier League side will NOT be able to stream league or cup games abroad via Seagulls TV as EFL teams can do.

3) As part of our deal with Athletico Madrid we were unable to obtain UK streaming rights. If such a situation occurs in the future we will make it clearer on the website that we are unable to stream the game live in the UK particularly if forming part of a promotion to subscribe.

4) Friendlies are not guaranteed as part of the subscription, however as the club advertised them as part of a promotion to subscribe we understand the disappointment at the technical issues beyond our control. We will be offering a two month extension to those affected.

Wonderful. So we get two summer months of bugger all content absolutely free! :lolol:

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit

Do we need to do anything to get this extension. My subs run out in September so would be good.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Was there an audio commentary option on Saturday?
I watched in the pub but will be relying on audio next weekend

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Sorry, I know there is been a load of threads on this already. Logged on yesterday for first time this season, so you get the BBC Sussex commentary with JC & Warren but as so as you reach HT the commentary cuts out and you get a message saying "2nd half will start shortly", then as soon as the match ends you don't get any of the post match stuff. Seems pretty crap compared to what we had before.

Any suggestions other than moving back to Sussex?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here