Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seagulls tv

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I have just had an exchange with the club. Rather patronisingly told the same about friendlies not being part of the subscription.

.. And I fully expect this "get out" to be used in any future explanation

I understand they are "extras" organised by the club but they have been extensively promoted to encourage people to sign up early.

Classic outsourcing shambles. No-one quite sure who is responsible for what and blame someone else when it goes wrong.

Sent from my LG-K520 using Tapatalk

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
I have just had an exchange with the club. Rather patronisingly told the same about friendlies not being part of the subscription.

I understand they are "extras" organised by the club but they have been extensively promoted to encourage people to sign up early.

Classic outsourcing shambles. No-one quite sure who is responsible for what and blame someone else when it goes wrong.

Er the club advised this on the 13th of July which looks pretty clear cut to me.

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2017/july/watch-pre-season-live-on-seagulls-tv/

There is more than enough of a case here to take things further. I cant believe they are being so stubborn about it. It appears that everything [MENTION=561]Insider[/MENTION] said about what had been agreed has either not been communicated or has been ignored.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Er the club advised this on the 13th of July which looks pretty clear cut to me.

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2017/july/watch-pre-season-live-on-seagulls-tv/

There is more than enough of a case here to take things further. I cant believe they are being so stubborn about it. It appears that everything [MENTION=561]Insider[/MENTION] said about what had been agreed has either not been communicated or has been ignored.
Looks clearcut.

Best take a screenshot incase that page disappears.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

Brighton & Hove Albion fans will be able to watch full coverage of the team's friendly matches over the pre-season campaign on Seagulls TV - with five of the six matches already confirmed for live broadcast including tonight's opener against Fortuna Dusseldorf in Austria.

All subscribers to the club's online TV channel will also get access to live broadcasts of the games against Crawley Town, Southend United and Norwich City.

The club also hopes to stream live coverage of the match away to Girona on 1st August, with confirmation and further details to follow in due course.

The Atletico de Madrid game at the American Express Community Stadium will also be broadcast live on Seagulls TV to our subscribers outside the UK.

Coverage for Dusseldorf and Madrid will be multi-camera productions with commentary, while the matches against Crawley, Southend and Norwich will be single-camera shoots, also with commentary.

Extended highlights of all the friendly matches will also be available, while the live matches will also be available in full, on demand after their conclusion.

Fans can sign up for a 12-month season pass to Seagulls TV for £45 - which works out at less than £1 per week.

Throughout the season, Seagulls TV will have live audio and show extended highlights of every first-team fixture from all Premier League games, and all cup competitions - including the FA Cup and EFL Cup.

Subscribers will also be able to watch all of Chris Hughton's pre-match press conferences, plus post-match conferences from both managers.

Seagulls TV will also screen live coverage and highlights of selected under-23 Premier League 2, Women's Super League and FA Youth Cup fixtures - and continue to provide player interviews, behind-the-scenes access and exclusive features.

My next text from them stated that 'Friendlies were not included in the deal'...................

Looks clearcut.

This. I've printed it off, so could take it to Trading Standards.

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
Looks clearcut.

Yep I've got screenshots saved as I thought exactly the same thing.

I'm sure this would be an open and shut case in court but I would be amazed if we have to take it that far.

SUA Seagull

Jul 23, 2016
Stratford-upon-Avon
On reading the above posts what’s most concerning is that there seems to be an inconsistent approach being adopted by iFollow and the club in response to fans’ legitimate complaints, with some responses seemingly at odds with the facts. Perhaps someone (@Insider, or another poster with close links to the club?) could please establish the definitive position and advise accordingly so as to provide clarity for affected fans?

The opening para of the BHAFC web page: https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2017/july/watch-pre-season-live-on-seagulls-tv/ says:

“Brighton & Hove Albion fans will be able to watch full coverage of the team's friendly matches over the pre-season campaign on Seagulls TV - with five of the six matches already confirmed for live broadcast”

Not “may”, but “will”. That is the club’s offer and on the same page then goes on to invite you to subscribe = your acceptance.

It is quite clear from the remaining text on that page that (i) a 12 month pass costs £45, and (ii) that live-broadcast friendlies [within that 12 month period] and all post-game highlights were not excluded from the product being offered and so, by definition, they are expressly included in the annual subscription. I cannot see how any other interpretation can possibly be drawn by iFollow or the club on that point.

On the subscription page, at the bottom left, is a link to the Seagulls TV terms and conditions: https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/terms-and-conditions/

If you click on those you will see a raft of legal clauses, the key ones seemingly being:

• para above 1.1 – BHAFC contracts with EFL Digital to provide the service (but see 4.8 below),
• 2.3 – not all club matches will be available for viewing on a live basis…due…to broadcaster problems [NB: with regard to the live friendlies, this is at odds with the club’s “will be able to watch” commitment],
• 4.8 – EFL Digital sub-contracts with NeuLion to provide streaming services (which they do via iFollow),
• 5.2 – subscription will be auto renewed at end of the contract period unless you cancel,
• 5.4.1/5.4.2.3 – process for cancellation,
• 5.5 – if you want to cancel [a renewal] you must do so 5 days before expiry of current contract or it will auto renew,
• 6.1 - By submitting your order you opt to receive your subscription benefits immediately and waive your right to cancel. You will not therefore be entitled to cancel the contract or enjoy any 14 day ‘cooling off’ period in law, nor receive a refund of the fee BUT this does not affect any other rights you may have at law, including where EFL Digital is at fault.
• 11.1 – address for queries or complaints

So although the club advertised the product, subscribers contracted with EFL Digital (to whom the club subcontracted delivery of the product) and who, in turn, outsourced the service to NeuLion/iFollow.

If iFollow resist your refund claims you’d then have to argue with the club that you only bought the product from them because they expressly advertised (with some fanfare, I might add!) committed access to no less than 5 live pre-season games and that you bought the package for that reason alone. The fact that the club (via their sub-contractor, and its subcontractors) didn’t deliver means that the club sold you something which turned out to be quite different from the advertised product which induced you to buy it in the first place, and that you would absolutely not have made that purchase had you known in advance that you would not or may not see the advertised games which the club had committed you would see. On that basis, you demand a full refund.

Of course, the club may push back too (and potentially will, perhaps wishing to avoid multiple refund claims from disgruntled fans) but if they adopt such an approach I think it would be a PR own goal in response to a perfectly reasonable stance adopted by some justifiably aggrieved customers.

Clearly, there have been teething problems with the new product and these things happen. However, that is not the subscribers' fault, and the cost of such problems should certainly not fall on them. Regardless of the specific legalities of the Seagulls TV terms and conditions, or who was or wasn’t responsible for the broadcasting failures, I would sincerely hope that the club invests in a display of goodwill on this occasion and instructs EFL Digital (via NeuLion/iFollow) to arrange full and prompt refunds for all affected fans.

In the greater scheme of things it would represent a negligible cost to the club, generate good PR and would, IMHO, be the right thing to do in the circumstances.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Don't want to put a curse on it or anything but Seagulls TV is working fine here in Spain. It is the first time it has worked and I missed all the other friendlies but there you go.

Vankleek Hill Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Vankleek Hill, actually....
Don't want to put a curse on it or anything but Seagulls TV is working fine here in Spain. It is the first time it has worked and I missed all the other friendlies but there you go.

Same here in Canada. Excellent picture, although the audio does tend to end being a second or two behind the video.

The other annoying problem is when I transfer the stream to my Apple TV from either my laptop, iPad or iPhone, the audio works but the screen is blank. I have no idea what's causing it.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

After I recieved that notification, this morning, saying that today's match would only be available to viewers outside the UK.
I did a live chat with the people on the Albion site.
I uploaded the screenshot, waited a while, then they asked me for my ip addess, waited a while longer.
Then they suggested I speak to my club for further information.
Brilliant I thought on a Sunday, you've got to be kidding.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I'm in Spain and it's "working" on a tablet so we can finally confirm that ifollow were WRONG in telling customers they needed a foreign subscription.

You just need to be abroad.

My phone when roaming has an oddity where it still uses a UK address (unless connected to WiFi) and it doesn't work on there.

However, the quality of the picture wasn't great at all. I checked against the naughty YouTube feeds and they worked fine. Lower bit rate but not stuttering. Is Seagulls TV using adaptive streaming ?

Anyway working lovely on free to air Spanish TV which is how I am watching.

Strange decision not to officially stream to the UK since the free to air Spanish feed was always gonna be replicated everywhere.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I'm in Spain and it's "working" on a tablet so we can finally confirm that ifollow were WRONG in telling customers they needed a foreign subscription.

You just need to be abroad.

My phone when roaming has an oddity where it still uses a UK address (unless connected to WiFi) and it doesn't work on there.

However, the quality of the picture wasn't great at all. I checked against the naughty YouTube feeds and they worked fine. Lower bit rate but not stuttering. Is Seagulls TV using adaptive streaming ?

Anyway working lovely on free to air Spanish TV which is how I am watching.

Strange decision not to officially stream to the UK since the free to air Spanish feed was always gonna be replicated everywhere.

Watched a stream on you tube in the UK - showed no option on Seagulls TV for audio or Visual coverage. Not clear what you could or could not get. Looks clearer for the league games. But will be at the first four so only interested now in highlights.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Watched a stream on you tube in the UK - showed no option on Seagulls TV for audio or Visual coverage. Not clear what you could or could not get. Looks clearer for the league games. But will be at the first four so only interested now in highlights.

Wasn't available in UK. My phone thinks its in the UK, fortunately my tablet knows it isn't.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Watched on Seagulls TV from Sweden. Worked absolutely fine. The only complaints I have...

- Wouldn't play on my LG TV's web browser for some reason (it used to play Seagulls Player content with no issue)
- HD is not HD (it's 720p at a push)
- Should have Chromecast support
- 50fps would also be nice.

It won't really affect me much going forward. But I subscribe to Viaplay which is the equivilent of Sky Sports over here and their web player has all of the above. Launching a PAID service in 2017 without those things is a bit annoying considering the amount of teams using the platform.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Been signed up under the various names for years now I can't log in? It wants me to register.

I emailed them but no response?

Do we have to sign up again? I thought it just rolled into the new one?

Any help please?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
On reading the above posts what’s most concerning is that there seems to be an inconsistent approach being adopted by iFollow and the club in response to fans’ legitimate complaints, with some responses seemingly at odds with the facts. Perhaps someone (@Insider, or another poster with close links to the club?) could please establish the definitive position and advise accordingly so as to provide clarity for affected fans?

The opening para of the BHAFC web page: https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2017/july/watch-pre-season-live-on-seagulls-tv/ says:

“Brighton & Hove Albion fans will be able to watch full coverage of the team's friendly matches over the pre-season campaign on Seagulls TV - with five of the six matches already confirmed for live broadcast”

Not “may”, but “will”. That is the club’s offer and on the same page then goes on to invite you to subscribe = your acceptance.

It is quite clear from the remaining text on that page that (i) a 12 month pass costs £45, and (ii) that live-broadcast friendlies [within that 12 month period] and all post-game highlights were not excluded from the product being offered and so, by definition, they are expressly included in the annual subscription. I cannot see how any other interpretation can possibly be drawn by iFollow or the club on that point.

On the subscription page, at the bottom left, is a link to the Seagulls TV terms and conditions: https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/terms-and-conditions/

If you click on those you will see a raft of legal clauses, the key ones seemingly being:

• para above 1.1 – BHAFC contracts with EFL Digital to provide the service (but see 4.8 below),
• 2.3 – not all club matches will be available for viewing on a live basis…due…to broadcaster problems [NB: with regard to the live friendlies, this is at odds with the club’s “will be able to watch” commitment],
• 4.8 – EFL Digital sub-contracts with NeuLion to provide streaming services (which they do via iFollow),
• 5.2 – subscription will be auto renewed at end of the contract period unless you cancel,
• 5.4.1/5.4.2.3 – process for cancellation,
• 5.5 – if you want to cancel [a renewal] you must do so 5 days before expiry of current contract or it will auto renew,
• 6.1 - By submitting your order you opt to receive your subscription benefits immediately and waive your right to cancel. You will not therefore be entitled to cancel the contract or enjoy any 14 day ‘cooling off’ period in law, nor receive a refund of the fee BUT this does not affect any other rights you may have at law, including where EFL Digital is at fault.
• 11.1 – address for queries or complaints

So although the club advertised the product, subscribers contracted with EFL Digital (to whom the club subcontracted delivery of the product) and who, in turn, outsourced the service to NeuLion/iFollow.

If iFollow resist your refund claims you’d then have to argue with the club that you only bought the product from them because they expressly advertised (with some fanfare, I might add!) committed access to no less than 5 live pre-season games and that you bought the package for that reason alone. The fact that the club (via their sub-contractor, and its subcontractors) didn’t deliver means that the club sold you something which turned out to be quite different from the advertised product which induced you to buy it in the first place, and that you would absolutely not have made that purchase had you known in advance that you would not or may not see the advertised games which the club had committed you would see. On that basis, you demand a full refund.

Of course, the club may push back too (and potentially will, perhaps wishing to avoid multiple refund claims from disgruntled fans) but if they adopt such an approach I think it would be a PR own goal in response to a perfectly reasonable stance adopted by some justifiably aggrieved customers.

Clearly, there have been teething problems with the new product and these things happen. However, that is not the subscribers' fault, and the cost of such problems should certainly not fall on them. Regardless of the specific legalities of the Seagulls TV terms and conditions, or who was or wasn’t responsible for the broadcasting failures, I would sincerely hope that the club invests in a display of goodwill on this occasion and instructs EFL Digital (via NeuLion/iFollow) to arrange full and prompt refunds for all affected fans.

In the greater scheme of things it would represent a negligible cost to the club, generate good PR and would, IMHO, be the right thing to do in the circumstances.

Ifollow have stopped replying to my emails. I'm still waiting to hear back from the club but I have contacted my bank and told them I have paid for a service I haven't received and requested a chargeback on my payment.

So they should be taking this back from them and refunding me

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Been signed up under the various names for years now I can't log in? It wants me to register.

I emailed them but no response?

Do we have to sign up again? I thought it just rolled into the new one?

Any help please?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had to reset my password, which didn't work, in seagulls TV their is a bubble in the bottom hand corner and it opens a chat window, they then managed the reset.

Like you I had been signed up since the beginning.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here