Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] *** Izzy Brown season long loan confirmed***

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I think he is an excellent signing and I am unanimous in that.

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
Where did I say that? If I had to choose one for the bench it wouldn't be Izzy brown. Ever heard the story of the emperor's New clothes?
I'd like to be wrong but I've got a feeling is a case of hype over substance.

I'd rather we got loans in that are going to be getting game time. Brown if he doesn't start will see a lot of time from the bench. If we got Tomori in he'd only play if there was an injury or lengthy suspension. Dunk and Duffy will be the starting central pairing. You may well be right about Brown, no one knows if he will cut it or not. He looks to have everything to be a very good footballer though.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Good loan signing for us

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Since coming onto NSC's radar, I've always found his name more than a touch racist.

The answer clearly being - what difference does it make?

or "yes he is" :shrug:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'd say he's lower than a reserve player:lolol:
Think it's clear that we're goner be sensible and pocket the cash and parachute payments:thumbsup:

Why are your negative cynical comments so hilarious (to yourself)? You are becoming increasingly a weirdo. :wrong:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Good squad filler, doesn't take up one of the 25 places, Huddersfield fans seemed pissed off that we've got him. All seems ok to me.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I'd say he's lower than a reserve player:lolol:
Think it's clear that we're goner be sensible and pocket the cash and parachute payments:thumbsup:

But unlike many of those reserve players, Brown has game time under his belt and was a key part of a successful team that made it to the PL in an immensely competitive division.

Like you I'm hoping that we also sign quality additions before 2 September, and I think this signing won't stop that happening. It's in addition, to give CH a large squad to utilise.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
My huddersfieldmmates are a tad pissed off about this. Bit like we were when Murray went to palace.

Great signing. I wonder if we can get tomori too?

Quite. I watched IB many times on the tellybox last season, with considrable envy (of Huddersfield). He is real quality. I can't see CH agreeing to have him if he felt his temperament is an issue.

I know that Boro came down last season largely because they had no goalscorer. However, ManU won the league a few years ago with no recognised striker. I'm not saying we don't need 'the next Peter Ward', but my gloomy prediction of a last place finish may well turn out to be as accurate as my usual SFL predictions. We have lots of players who can score.

Because this one had gone so quiet I was increasingly certain we were 'on it' and hopeful this would be the result. Well done recruitment team. This was perfect news to come home to :clap2:

Finally the naysayers are in a tiny minority but, as usual, seem disproportionately annoying. Opinions, I guess.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Only just caught up with this.

Has anyone made the customary NSC offer to drive a new signing back to where they came from, before they have even kicked a ball?

If not, I can do Friday :)

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
embarrassing how people moan about not making any signings then moan again about the one we actually sign.

What's embarassing are posts like this where you (and others) lump any and every opinion considered even remotely negative all into the same category.

There are some perennial miserabilists on here, there are also some considered opinions which differ from your own.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here