Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] *** Izzy Brown season long loan confirmed***

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Good, solid signing who can play in areas where we needed strengthening. With his height, strength and pace I think he'll be one of the players where the PL suits him. The fact Chelsea want to keep him shows what PL potential he has. Welcome aboard Izzy.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I'm presuming that, with Brown's addition (Dizzy Clown?), you're of the view that we're weakened :wink:
He's got to be an upgrade on Akpom, hasn't he?

Teasing aside, I think he's a good addition to the squad, as a back-up for Gross, while also being able to play in a more advanced wider role.

Frizzy Clown I think it was!

I also said he's a good addition to the squad and cheap, and yes it would be remarkable for him not to be better than Akpom.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
and so have 48 others, does that mean we are signing those too ?

Just an observation on claims of "exclusivity"
All transfer rumours/reports start somewhere and in this case the Evening Standard get bragging rights.

Even I managed to hint at it three days ago on the "will we sign anyone today" thread:-
"Intriguing that Izzy Brown tweeted congratulations to Connor Goldson on playing and scoring today"

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Good, solid signing who can play in areas where we needed strengthening. With his height, strength and pace I think he'll be one of the players where the PL suits him. The fact Chelsea want to keep him shows what PL potential he has. Welcome aboard Izzy.

???

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
To "I Get Around"

Brown Brown Izzy Brown, he's Izzy Brown yeah
Izzy Brown ooooohhhh he's Izzy Brown
He's Izzy Brown Brown Izzy Brown, he's Izzy Brown
Brown Brown Izzy Brown, he's Izzy Brown

I love these crap songs that will never, ever get sung.

This one is to the tune of the Aquafresh 3 advert (if you remember it)

Izzy Brown now he's alright
But when he played for Huddersfield he was clearly shite
But as you can see
Now that he plays for me (or Brighton FC)
Izzy Brown's the greatest player in the galaxy

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
To "I Get Around"

Brown Brown Izzy Brown, he's Izzy Brown yeah
Izzy Brown ooooohhhh he's Izzy Brown
He's Izzy Brown Brown Izzy Brown, he's Izzy Brown

"You spin me right round..."

He's Iz-zy Brown, Brown, Baby, Brown, Brown...

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I love these crap songs that will never, ever get sung.

This one is to the tune of the Aquafresh 3 advert (if you remember it)

Izzy Brown now he's alright
But when he played for Huddersfield he was clearly shite

But as you can see
Now that he plays for me (or Brighton FC)
Izzy Brown's the greatest player in the galaxy

Very good but given that advert was in about 1994, I suspect you are showing your age with that one.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Just an observation on claims of "exclusivity"
All transfer rumours/reports start somewhere and in this case the Evening Standard get bragging rights.

Even I managed to hint at it three days ago on the "will we sign anyone today" thread:-
"Intriguing that Izzy Brown tweeted congratulations to Connor Goldson on playing and scoring today"

Understood, but a difference between talking about rumours, we all do that, and confirmation of imminent signing

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Still waiting for the suggestion of who we should be signing over Brown!

I presume you are now hiding behind the classic old "cheap foreign player we haven't heard of yet", rather than actually being able to tell me the better signing we should have made instead.

I'm confused as to why you are asking for a suggestion from me when I've already said I think he's a good squad addition. What has that got to do with the fact I don't rate him very highly?

Can I conjure up a better name who won't take a place in our 25, on loan for fairly cheap? That would be a tough ask considering I'm not a scout, but to suggest there aren't any would be quite ignorant I think, unless of course YOU are a scout in which case I apologise profusely.

If your question is more in line with who do I think is a better player within our scope, but would cost a fair whack, then I'd be typing for quite some time. Reality is, he's cover for Gross and potentially wide if we need him, and I think Gross looks to be another gem found by our recruitment team. In that regard, he is a good squad signing as I said before.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Frizzy Clown I think it was!

I also said he's a good addition to the squad and cheap, and yes it would be remarkable for him not to be better than Akpom.

Not a fan. Time will tell, thought he was distinctly average when I saw him.

Looking forward to being wrong!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I'm confused as to why you are asking for a suggestion from me when I've already said I think he's a good squad addition. What has that got to do with the fact I don't rate him very highly?

Can I conjure up a better name who won't take a place in our 25, on loan for fairly cheap? That would be a tough ask considering I'm not a scout, but to suggest there aren't any would be quite ignorant I think, unless of course YOU are a scout in which case I apologise profusely.

If your question is more in line with who do I think is a better player within our scope, but would cost a fair whack, then I'd be typing for quite some time. Reality is, he's cover for Gross and potentially wide if we need him, and I think Gross looks to be another gem found by our recruitment team. In that regard, he is a good squad signing as I said before.

My mistake, I certainly didn't get the impression you thought it was a good signing. I must be attributing comments to the wrong person.

I'm pleased you are as pleased with the signing as I am.

:rave:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
So thats Gross, Suttner, Ryan (for being too short) and now Izzy being written off? Unbelievable Jeff! Aren't us supports supposed to, you know, "support" the players?

Not sure I've written off any of those others you mention, but carry on......

I think as supporters we're allowed opinions.

Edit: not seen anyone write off Gross

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here