Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] *** Izzy Brown season long loan confirmed***

est.83

Dec 6, 2003
Estonia
Although I do not have enough data to judge Brown as a player (I have my doubt's in him being PL ready/PL quality) I wonder if there is a clause in the deal allowing Brighton to buy him for certain number of millions after he scored loads of goals and kept us up?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Isn't there a rule on how many players can be brought in on loan from other PL clubs?

You can have two altogether, and only one from any given club.

We have ONE (Brown).

We can have one more, but not from Chelsea. Gomez plays for Liverpool.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Speaking as somebody who knows nothing about him, can somebody tell me if he is likely to be a guaranteed starter or a squad player? Also, what position does he play?
He's a 2nd striker / attacking midfielder who could play on the wing if needed.

I don't really know if he's good enough but I read a lot of good opinions about him. I think he made his PL debut for West Brom when he was 16 ??? although he doesn't have many PL minutes to his name.

The odds are that this is a good signing.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Since coming onto NSC's radar, I've always found his name more than a touch racist.

The answer clearly being - what difference does it make?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

cocamalia

Jan 1, 2011
While I can understand people not getting overexcited about this, I think a very handy option in our matchday squad of 15.

As has already been pointed out he is very versitile, so adds back-up options for Gross and centre-mid (and perhaps in an overstated way, up front)

Actually feels like a nicer move than Abraham - given all the kick-off / playing around he has given Newcastle / us / Swansea

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
You can have two altogether, and only one from any given club.

We have ONE (Brown).

We can have one more, but not from Chelsea. Gomez plays for Liverpool.

I was wondering if we were waiting on confirmation that we would not get Gomez before signing Brown as we may well then have gone to Chelsea for Tomori. Oh well, we'll have to buy him (Tomori) and let them have a buy back clause.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I guess you must be a glass nearly empty person?

No he's a realist. People have been starved of transfer activity for so long that somehow this is a wonderful signing, based almost entirely it seems on what Hudds fans say.

I doubt anyone on here watched him play for Rotherham, you know, in the other half of last season before his c14 games for Hudds.

I personally don't rate him very highly having watched him on a number of occasions in 2 different sides and some at youth level. I said the same about Akpom and hoped I was wrong then too. I take it as a decent squad addition at (hopefully) little cost.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here