Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] *** Izzy Brown season long loan confirmed***

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
We don't have to have one of Brown or Gross pushed forward all the time. They can switch up between themselves and if we're chasing a game both push on or if holding a lead be a touch more disciplined

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Will be interesting to see if this means Gross now plays sometimes as a more conventional central midfielder, which reading the German reports might be a good way of getting him even more involved and making the most of his passing. Don't see how he can use that to it's best when he's virtually up front (judging by the friendlies). Has looked good so far and a more attacking option alongside Stephens. We will need goals from midfield - no doubt about that.

Depends on how attacking we want to get.

Baldock should still be our most attacking partner for Murray/Hemed with Brown (a true secondary striker) a more defensive option. Gross will play that role in a deeper position as a 10 against the top 8 clubs but I agree with you, he is a central midfielder and could pair up with Stephens in an attacking diamond formation as part of a 4-4-2.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It was a joke, i guess sarcam doesnt come across well in text.
I don't think it's that, it's just that I've not been following the transfer threads, so maybe everyone knew that everyone knew (so your joke was obvious), whereas I only knew a couple of people knew, and thought you were defending ITK supremo Naylor :)

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
One thing Brown will certainly add, is some additional PACE.

Much required - something our squad is notably lacking.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Like the look of him on the left (#84) running defenders ragged. Knocky on the right and Izzy on the left would cause havoc IMHO. Great signing that will create all sorts of problems for defences. CH talking in terms of back up striker, attacking MF sounds good to me. Yes, we could still do with a prolific striker but considering the amount of goals scored by our MF last season I think we are shaping up nicely. Not sure about the nay-sayers here moaning about being underwhelmed, can't see a downside to this addition. We are not going to get Ronaldo so signings like this are very astute and give us superb scope for different team dynamics.

Bring it on!! :albion2:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Gomez isn't coming lol.

He will be in the Liverpool side by xmas

edit ** just seen date of that gomez article lol

GOMEZ WONT COME , CLUB OR HIM DONT WANT TOO !

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Do papers not slightly alter quotes or their context to suit the purpose
"We've registered our interest but he's not our player"

"It will be up to Liverpool. I'd like to think we are very much in the running"

How, exactly, have they altered these quotes to suit their "purpose"?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here