Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] *** Izzy Brown season long loan confirmed***

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
"Almost certainly" you seemed somewhat more dismissive of my suggestion that they were still battling to get back to where they were.

Could you explain how they are "battling to get get back to where they were"?

They have extended Palmer's loan for another year, signed Mooy and Kachunga permanently and brought in (what they consider) a better keeper on loan than they had on loan last season. They have on top of that signed 2xStrikers, Winger, LB, CB and CM.

Do I think they are better equipped than us? No. Do I think they are better equipped than last year? Yes.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
You are going to get arrogant if we dont sign a few players you deem are decent ?

Arrogant about what ?

Are you saying you want us to sign a load of players you think are rubbish so you can say i told you so ?

A bit of a whoosh there I think.

Arrogant about our chances of survival over theirs.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Why? We do not need more cover and back up player, which is what he would be, it is first choice we need to improve on to improve the team and squad.
Why? Because the manager has expressed an interest. Simple really.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Could you explain how they are "battling to get get back to where they were"?

They have extended Palmer's loan for another year, signed Mooy and Kachunga permanently and brought in (what they consider) a better keeper on loan than they had on loan last season. They have on top of that signed 2xStrikers, Winger, LB, CB and CM.

Do I think they are better equipped than us? No. Do I think they are better equipped than last year? Yes.

I'm presuming that, with Brown's addition (Dizzy Clown?), you're of the view that we're weakened :wink:
He's got to be an upgrade on Akpom, hasn't he?

Teasing aside, I think he's a good addition to the squad, as a back-up for Gross, while also being able to play in a more advanced wider role.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Of course there is ... name it!

I was merely demonstrating the extent to which the market has inflated, so don't make a suggestion that would vaguely have been possible in the transfer market of years gone by. We are now talking £30m for fringe England players.

Our market isn't in England though, we're trying to find value abroad and have been for a while.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Our market isn't in England though, we're trying to find value abroad and have been for a while.

I get the feeling that is at odds with how Mr Hughton likes to do business.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Didnt read that way to me... but ok.

Not sure how else you could have read it really.

I also think Hudds will struggle but I'm waiting to see who else we will bring in before I get too arrogant about it.

Means i'm already confident we will finish above them, but not confident enough to flaunt it until we sign a couple more quality players. :shrug:

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
To "I Get Around"

Brown Brown Izzy Brown, he's Izzy Brown yeah
Izzy Brown ooooohhhh he's Izzy Brown
He's Izzy Brown Brown Izzy Brown, he's Izzy Brown
Brown Brown Izzy Brown, he's Izzy Brown

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.

Still waiting for the suggestion of who we should be signing over Brown!

I presume you are now hiding behind the classic old "cheap foreign player we haven't heard of yet", rather than actually being able to tell me the better signing we should have made instead.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Probably, but i am sure he is well aware of the ridiculous prices being quoted for UK based players and knows we have to shop elsewhere currently.

Which is all rather annoying, once again I imagine, you couldn't play the Kevin Bacon game with Chris regarding a player in England.

CH would comfortably be able to find out everything about said player in considerably less than 6 moves (phone calls)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here