[Albion] *** Izzy Brown season long loan confirmed***

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Good signing, happy with that.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
You're probably right, but my point was they have almost certainly improved from last season.

They finished 5th in the second division, 12 points off promotion, so they've HAD to - they were starting from a long way back from where we are.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
You're probably right, but my point was they have almost certainly improved from last season.

I sense that we agree on most things and, as usual, I'd agree with you on that.

Still believe they'll finish bottom by a distance whilst we put up more of a fight and I wish Izzy lucky in helping us do so.

WGull

Jan 27, 2017
Happy with this, think he is a very good player and Chelsea don't seem to want to sell their youngsters currently, so a good deal overall

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Ha ha ha, some people on here MUST be having a laugh. "Cheap option" etc ... who are people thinking we are in the market for? Neymar?

Honestly now, anyone criticising this move, do it by adding who we should have been getting instead. And don't be ludicrous with your expected £value. Don't forget the current market has Walker @ £50m,, Sunderland got £30 for Pickford and Swansea turn down £45m for Sigurdsson.

This is a very good move in a crazy marketplace.

How on earth did you get from a 20yo chelsea loanee all the way to neymar and 50M for walker, isn't that a bit of a leap?

I think there may be some sensible middle ground in there somewhere.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I sense that we agree on most things and, as usual, I'd agree with you on that.

Still believe they'll finish bottom by a distance whilst we put up more of a fight and I wish Izzy lucky in helping us do so.

For sure, I'll get behind him just just as I did Akpom despite it turning out as I had expected. I just don't rate him very highly and I won't change my opinion based on what my eyes have seen just because a bunch of posters shout me down with retorts such as "Who did you expect we would sign?" as if to say that we can't attract any better prospects than this.

I also think Hudds will struggle but I'm waiting to see who else we will bring in before I get too arrogant about it.

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
Whether he's up to Premier League level or not time will tell but from the video he looks one hell of a handfull.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.

"Almost certainly" you seemed somewhat more dismissive of my suggestion that they were still battling to get back to where they were.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
How on earth did you get from a 20yo chelsea loanee all the way to neymar and 50M for walker, isn't that a bit of a leap?

I think there may be some sensible middle ground in there somewhere.

Of course there is ... name it!

I was merely demonstrating the extent to which the market has inflated, so don't make a suggestion that would vaguely have been possible in the transfer market of years gone by. We are now talking £30m for fringe England players.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
For sure, I'll get behind him just just as I did Akpom despite it turning out as I had expected. I just don't rate him very highly and I won't change my opinion based on what my eyes have seen just because a bunch of posters shout me down with retorts such as "Who did you expect we would sign?" as if to say that we can't attract any better prospects than this.

I also think Hudds will struggle but I'm waiting to see who else we will bring in before I get too arrogant about it.

You are going to get arrogant if we dont sign a few players you deem are decent ?

Arrogant about what ?

Are you saying you want us to sign a load of players you think are rubbish so you can say i told you so ?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here