Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New away kit

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I've tried to like the new kits - and was it my imagination, or did the sleeves on the home shirt look darker when Knockaert modelled it at Hove Lawns? - but I now admit that I've failed.

Nike has lumbered us with an old template, just as Adidas did in 1980 (when every other club had abandoned collars for v necks, we had something that looked fresh out of Saturday Night Fever).

For our first season in the top flight since 1983, this is hugely disappointing. Presumably someone high up at the club saw the design and said, 'Yeah, whatever' instead of 'No, sorry, take that away and come back with something better. You may not care what our kit looks like, but our fans do.'

Plain blue sleeves would have looked much better, just as plain black would on the away kit. But no, some clown at Nike designed those tiny stripes, and now we have to put up with them on our home shirt. ON OUR HOME SHIRT. It's a disgrace.

This. All of this.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Both kits are a disgrace. No class, just a bloody mess.

Only criticism I can agree with are the sleeves. They are just awful, as much as I've been desperately trying to like them.

The back only looks a mess with no name/number. Once both are on it actually looks pretty smart (apart from the god awful shoulders that is).

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Going off on a slight tangent re: home shirt as Ive already commented on the away one.

My son got his yesterday, all printed up with EPL badges etc - & I have to say, it looks lovely. Great to see Nike have managed to put their heads together & found a way of producing a break in the stripes (See, NSC told you it could be done), so we dont have to put up with the iron-on panel of previous years - BUT, why not do that on the back too, thus cutting down on the amount of body panels used? Surely just using one piece of material, breaking the stripes, & leaving it as a white area for the numbers would've been better than an extra blue panel added in? Errea managed to do it in the Withdean / Skint years, & they were some of the best looking shirts weve had.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here