Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New away kit

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
It really would look perfectly OK without those sleeves!

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
It really would look perfectly OK without those sleeves!

Ah, see I thought that i would prefer the sleeves to be plain yellow, but now upon seeing more pictures I believe that would look shite, and too plain. So I think I'm happy how they are.

Some have suggested just plain navy would look better, but that's far too "Arsenal '98" for me.

I think all yellow would have worked better in stripes, but in two slightly different shades, like one posted in one of the away kit threads on here.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Not a great fan of the green sleeves, loved last year's black strip, would have preferred a simple yellow with blue trim away. Still not convinced re the new home shirt, like the front but waiting to see the back in the flesh before parting with wedge.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Tokyohands

Jan 5, 2017
Tokyo
I like the away, not yet convinced enough to part with my cash because I only wear my shirts for working out these days, as I rarely get to see us play live. I might get it though. I think the home looks great from the front but from the back with names and numbers on it, light blue top, dark blue patch and stripey bum there's just too much going on. The back needs to be all blue or all stripes IMO.

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011
So after reading 25 pages of inane nonsense - just so everyone is clear;

1/ This year we have 2 'alternative' kits;

This puke coloured 'gold' one which will take preference in most scenarios
and last seasons black away kit will be our second 'alternative' kit and be used more sparingly

2/ The sleeves are not technically green, they are tiny black and gold stripes and from a distance (unfortunately) give the appearance of green

3/ The shorts that go with this gold kit are also gold with the socks being black

4/ The new training kit is now dark Navy and not the lovely BHA royal blue that we had last year

In short - What a **cking mess :cry:

TheBlueAndWhiteStrips

May 27, 2009
Huntingdon
brownies-short-sleeve-top-bs-800x800.jpg

Kind of looks like this....

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I've tried to like the new kits - and was it my imagination, or did the sleeves on the home shirt look darker when Knockaert modelled it at Hove Lawns? - but I now admit that I've failed.

Nike has lumbered us with an old template, just as Adidas did in 1980 (when every other club had abandoned collars for v necks, we had something that looked fresh out of Saturday Night Fever).

For our first season in the top flight since 1983, this is hugely disappointing. Presumably someone high up at the club saw the design and said, 'Yeah, whatever' instead of 'No, sorry, take that away and come back with something better. You may not care what our kit looks like, but our fans do.'

Plain blue sleeves would have looked much better, just as plain black would on the away kit. But no, some clown at Nike designed those tiny stripes, and now we have to put up with them on our home shirt. ON OUR HOME SHIRT. It's a disgrace.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
They will be the best selling shirts in the history of the club.
So the club have created 2 kits that have matched what the fans who actually buy kits want clearly.
Carry on with the moan up though...

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
They will be the best selling shirts in the history of the club.
So the club have created 2 kits that have matched what the fans who actually buy kits want clearly.
Carry on with the moan up though...

Some fans would buy an Albion shirt if it was pink with green spots......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here