Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who's going to surprise us in the PL?

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
I'm certain there will be a select few Albion players that will unexpectedly shine in the rarified world of the Prem. My money's on Murphy, and Kayal (his second epiphany)

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
Think Kayal good shout. Hoping March shines.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I'm certain there will be a select few Albion players that will unexpectedly shine in the rarified world of the Prem. My money's on Murphy, and Kayal (his second epiphany)

My surprise tip would be Jamie Murphy and I would thought that Beram Kayal was quck enough not to be outclassed.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Hopefully the whole team, as they've f**king earnt the right to be their.

If you're pushing me, then Solly March, it'll be his playground.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I'd say March but I don't think that will be a surprise.

I think many may be surprised how poor Stephens looks in the Premier League.

So a random shout for Lua Lua. Totally on the fringes but maybe just maybe.......

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel

So a random shout for Lua Lua. Totally on the fringes but maybe just maybe.......
Hope you are wrong with Stephens. I think KLL will be gone before we start

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Right re March it won't be a surprise
Wrong re Stephens

Judging by the recent thread on Tomer moving to Reading I think he will surprise a few

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
More in hope than expectation but if Skalak can get back to his first season form, he could spring the biggest surprise (assuming he's not sidelined by better signings and gets the chance). We're not going to get many chances, so his deliveries could win tight games. Put a peach on Duffy's head at the weekend (which he wasted, characteristically. For a monster in the air at the back, surprisingly poor up front). I also think that if Baldock stays fit he has characteristics that are suited to the PL - great runs & quick.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Obviously Kayal is a Premier League player, that's not putting your neck on the line.

Murphy isn't even close. Skalak is more likely to make an impact because of his set pieces. Dunk and Knockaert are obviously Premier League standard, Murray and Duffy are perfectly capable too, Bruno has a year in him.

Hopefully Suttner and Gross will adapt, Ryan should be ok. We have a good spine to the team, providing we're luckier with injuries than we have been in the past couple of seasons.

Sea Cider

Dec 27, 2012
Potentially surprising in a good way: Kayal, Bruno, Baldock, and maybe at a stretch Skalak for his deliveries (as has been mentioned)

Possibly surprisingly in a not-so-good way: Murray, Knockaert (!)

I would be genuinely astonished if Hemed (much as I love him) or Murphy perform well

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Skalak and Bong will do better than the NSC knife wielders think.

I think it's clear that the 4 on the way out are the correct 4 - Norwood and Ince clearly so, Towell to get a proper Championship season before assessment, and KLL because he just needs a fresh start somewhere.

The other 21 all have a chance at making it, at the very least until January reassessment.

Last edited:

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I'm surprised by the calls for Kayal. The guy is naturally our best CM player and has always looked like someone that can step up in the right system.

For me, it's Duffy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here